EA on remote servers ? - page 22

When somebody read the title of your thread he could think that you finally find the sollution/website/software for a web version of Metatrader, actually you just present VPS, what we already have plenty over google !!!

Forex Robots

Metatrader web really a very great solution to trade from anywhere.....

I'm sorry but

mudar:
When somebody read the title of your thread he could think that you finally find the sollution/website/software for a web version of Metatrader, actually you just present VPS, what we already have plenty over google !!!

I know that there are many solution but i just gave a website that compare between them and review them for people that don't know what to search or how to find it.

Any EAs used for MT4 and VPS uptime monitoring?

I've read several threads about using MT4 on a VPS and got a lot of useful information. I'm still concerned about monitoring server downtime and the possibility of MT4 locking up.

Even if I use a commercially available internal-external server monitor setup, it will not tell me the status of MT4 on that VPS. Are there any EAs that will run on MT4 on the VPS that will constantly ping out to an application on my home computer, or a website, to let me know that MT4 is still working and the VPS is still online? It would be great if the receiving application would send me an SMS text message to let me know if there's a problem.

guru_trader:
I've read several threads about using MT4 on a VPS and got a lot of useful information. I'm still concerned about monitoring server downtime and the possibility of MT4 locking up. Even if I use a commercially available internal-external server monitor setup, it will not tell me the status of MT4 on that VPS. Are there any EAs that will run on MT4 on the VPS that will constantly ping out to an application on my home computer, or a website, to let me know that MT4 is still working and the VPS is still online? It would be great if the receiving application would send me an SMS text message to let me know if there's a problem.

i think thats a tough ask to be honest.

I found a potential solution through the people at MT4I, per their email to me ...

ref: MT Intelligence - MT Dashboard & Monitor

2a. Install our Dashboard tool on the trading VPS. This has the side-benefit of showing the status of multiple accounts in a single window/web page. 2b. Install our Dashboard Monitor tool, on a different server to the trading VPS. This continuously monitors the trading server (pulling data, rather than relying on the trading server pushing data out), and alerts by email and/or SMS if the server is completely unavailable, or if an instance of MT4 loses its account connection, or e.g. if free margin gets dangerously low.

My experience with this was not good. I tried two different VPS hosters and in both cases it seemed like the server would spontaneously reboot about once a week. I'd log in to my VPS to see how my trades were doing and I'd find myself with the Windows login screen instead of a running desktop.

In both cases the logs gave no indication of a reboot and the tech staff were totally clueless about what happened. They insisted that there was nothing wrong, but my MT4 kept getting shut down.

I suppose I might have just been unlucky in choosing bad hosters twice in a row, but it's an expensive mistake and I decided to stop throwing money out in a random effort to find a hoster that would actually work, so I gave up.

Just my experience. I recommend if you're interested in this idea to ask for a month of free trial hosting or at least an iron-clad money back guarantee. You shouldn't have to pay just to find out if they can deliver or not.

DennisTM, I understand ... I have been using the free VPS hosting provided by FXCM-UK & Boston Technologies and, so far, I have not had any MT4 reboot issues, but I'm still keeping a close eye on it ... the only problems I've had were with the FXCM servers going down (due to a network switch?) for several hours Friday

jfernandogg:
If you are going to trade with real money a vps has some potential security risks since the machine (hardware) is shared by other people you don't know.

good point actually.

How to leave MT4 running in VPS

How do i leave my MT4 keep running when i close my VPS?

If log out and later when i login i have to open mt4 again.

But i want my ea keep on running.

Reason: