StepMA_Stoch_v1 EA. Simple yet satisfying

Hi all,

I'm not a programmer, but I've found what I think to be a good, very simple system and would like if one of your programmer dudes could make an EA for it. All the EA will do is sell when the SteopMA_Stoch_v1 yellow line crosses to be below the blue line, and buy when the yellow crosss to the positive side of the blue line. It will need to close one position and open the next as close to the same time as possible. Thus, it always has an open position. When you sell on the cross to end a long position, you sell to open a short position as soon as possible. Also, when you buy to end a short position, you would buy to start a long position right after. Both the close and the start of a position happen with the cross.

Okay, the parameters to be used are"

PeriodWATR: 10

Kwatr: 1.8

HighLow 0

This cross really works best on USD/JPY, USD/CHF, GBP,USD, EUR/JPY. You can try it on others, but don't be surprised if you don't get good results.

Please, if you know how to program, please program an EA for this. I would like to see how it preforms, and even though I don't know how to program EAs, I think this is probably an easy one.

Oh, you don't need a stoploss, because with each cross the last position is closed. You will notice that rarely do you loose more than 50 pips.

here is the indicator if you don't have it.

I've also attached an EA that someone has made in the past. I don't know what it does, so you might just have to change a few little things to make it do what I've indicated above. I hope it helps. Thanks.

yes simple enough, I think maybe it will need something else for confirmation but I will create one.

Also which time frame

Jorgka

Time Frame

Oh, I knew I would forget something. The time frame is 30 min.

It is really simple. I think we should see how it performs before we try to find a confirmation. I spend quite awhile looking at things that would confirm it, but I ended up just going with the simple cross. Just to clarify the post above, you won't need a trailing stop or a stop loss. just have the next cross be the end of the current trade and the start of a new one. I went back a couple of months and just got a ruff estimate of how just the cross buy itself would do and things looked pretty good especially if you traded all 4 pairs at the same time. If you can work that into the program, that would be ideal.

huhenyo:
Hi all,

I'm not a programmer, but I've found what I think to be a good, very simple system and would like if one of your programmer dudes could make an EA for it. All the EA will do is sell when the SteopMA_Stoch_v1 yellow line crosses to be below the blue line, and buy when the yellow crosss to the positive side of the blue line. It will need to close one position and open the next as close to the same time as possible. Thus, it always has an open position. When you sell on the cross to end a long position, you sell to open a short position as soon as possible. Also, when you buy to end a short position, you would buy to start a long position right after. Both the close and the start of a position happen with the cross.

huhenyo

I have no time to code this for you but here is a suggestion about the opening and closing of the orders. for the one that will code it.

To close one and open at the exact time and price with no gap in between the two orders, try this; Lets assume your long one lot. On the next down cross, short two lots and then close the long order with one of the short orders, later using the ' OrderCloseBy() ' function. Leaving you with your short lot. That will assure you that theres no price or time gaps between your change over of direction.

The CockeyedCowboy

StepStochCross Expert

Huhenyo,

Here it is.

It will go long when Stoch 1 cross Stoch 2. exit the trade when Stoch 2 cross Stoch 1.

Reverse for Short trading.

Maybe cockeyedcowboy can make the changes, as this is pushing my limits.

Cheers

Jorgka

Files:

GBP/30mn.Does not look good.

jorgka:
Huhenyo,

Here it is.

It will go long when Stoch 1 cross Stoch 2. exit the trade when Stoch 2 cross Stoch 1.

Reverse for Short trading.

Maybe cockeyedcowboy can make the changes, as this is pushing my limits.

Cheers

Jorgka
Files:

Hmmmmm

I don't know why the EA performed that badly. If you pull up the indicator and just look back on the charts as far as you can just opening and closing positions at the same time with the crosses, the outcome is good. I think that we need Codersguru to take a look at the code and make sure it is working as I specified witht the addition of that Cowboy suggested. Please, Codersguru, if you see this post, take a look at the code and see if it executes exactly as I specified. Thanks a million. I really think this can be a good and simple EA.

Nick

Ok,

In my understand in order to Code for a cross signal, you must compare the two values against one another.

EG, Long

Stock value 1 must be lower than Stock value 2 ON THE PREVIOUS BAR & Then Stock value 1 must be greater than Stock value 2 on the Current bar, however it may need to wait for the completion of the current before the enrty can be place as then the EA will register this a cross. In my experience this is the only way to identify a cross signal, This EA also performs on the current bar, so I think you will not be able to file orders any earlier than what is coded already.

Remember if the cross pattern is not coded like this then any time the Stock 1 is above stock 2 it will automaticly place a trade which we don't want.

I think maybe you need something to protect your profits instead of using just the cross.

Jorgka

The cross

You have it programmed so that when the yellow line goes above the blue line it is a long signal and the previous short's take profit, right? And when the yellow crosses below the blue line it is a short signal and the previous long's take profit.

Yes, that's correct. I'm thinking also to add maybe a momentum indicator to apply to the cross & take out some false signals

Jorgka

Looking at test

I just looked at the test data, and it's not making trades when it is supposed to. It also isn't closing and opening a trade at the same time. I think we need to add what Cowboy suggested. You might also try setting the setting that is 1.8 instead to 1.9. I don't know why it isn't making trades at the right time. I also looked at when it made trades, and it's making trades when there isn't a cross. I wish I knew how to fix it, but I don't. I really appreciate your efforts, though.

Reason: