Too many MT4 platforms limitation!?!? - page 4

hi

it's not effective using too many MT4 , just use one with a profitable forex system

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
it's not effective using too many MT4 , just use one with a profitable forex system

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Right. But I thought I am missing something that other traders on this thread are talking about.

JForex78:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to know what could be the reason for using 30 MT4 instances, or even 2?

Just curious to know the kind of trading style that would be.

Thanks,

JForex.

I use two instances in the following way: When I trade with real money I also make the same trade in a demo account. This way I can let the trade in the demo account run longer than the one in live account and learn if I got out too early by comparing the two trades.

Running EA on Several Pairs Concurrently

Hello to All

I read this thread & realized the possible problems when running too many MT4 instances on a PC.

I envisage running up to about 6 MT4 instances only on my PC. So, I may not run into problems highlighted in this thread.

My questions are:

1. I wld like to run the same EA concurrently on several pairs of currency on the same MT4 instance. Is there a limit to the number? 10 pairs? 20 pairs? I ask this question because it wld speed up forward test on different currency pairs. If proven viable, I may also want to run the EA on several pairs in live trading.

2. What if they are different EAs, either on the same or different MT4 instances (max 6 instances) on the same PC? Is there any limit to the number of pairs that they can run on concurrently?

Thank you & have a great weekend!

how many metatrader can run on pc ?

hello how many maximum metatrader application can run on pc ?

now currently i run about 14 metatrader on pc . If i add more the new metatrader just wont launch

what should i change so i can run more metatrader maybe around 30 ?

i use windows xp with 3gb ram and i3-2100 intel processor

i run multiple timeframe and multiple currency

thanks please reply

add more ram, although for windows xp they say 3.2 is max - you can get 6 - 8 in

i have 6 in one with XP pro and you can tell the difference? - i think?

windows 7 can run 16GB on 64bit - but may not run Meta? - not sure, and win 7 32 is 4GB max? so you re back to where you started

i think poss 32gb on win 7 64bit or more on some newer boards upto 192GB is possible - although most only take 16 for now

cant beat more ram, and possibly a very expensive Matrox Video card (but they will also use more ram)

so best to add another PC or two,

not much else you can do - except use the least indis as possible per chart and charts per Meta

and some Metas suck more power - i've just dumped one meta as it was sucking the life out one PC when the US breakouts occurred at 1/2pm GMT now the PC works loads better not sure exactly why - but have tried the same useless meta provider with less charts and now works loads better also just keep the other time frames on another Meta or profile

re-load windows regularly and keep a back up saved for easy re-loading when things get slower again,

defrag regularly also use a cleaner etc (although not registry as they mess things up)

another trick is to use another drive for testing, leave it attached and just boot it from the bios as this saves all sorts of rubbish getting in the main drive that will slow down the PC

not being funny but why do you need 15+ Metas running all at once, are you running a hedge fund?

actually i have 12 screens and 2 PCs - i run 5 or 6 Metas during normal trading hrs - but am being greedy, and dont use that many all the time, as it gets abit overwhelming, sometimes lol

some folks can trade on 1 laptop and multiple markets at the same time - not us though by the looks of it

if i were you i would to speak to the pros that build up trading PCs - theres plenty online,

my best advice is buy another PC with windows 7 and split the load - especially as they cost so little

Good luck

ps - thats not my setup lol

Files:

WR1:
add more ram, although for windows xp they say 3.2 is max - you can get 6 - 8 in

i have 6 in one with XP pro and you can tell the difference? - i think?

windows 7 can run 16GB on 64bit - but may not run Meta? - not sure, and win 7 32 is 4GB max? so you re back to where you started

i think poss 32gb on win 7 64bit or more on some newer boards upto 192GB is possible - although most only take 16 for now

cant beat more ram, and possibly a very expensive Matrox Video card (but they will also use more ram)

so best to add another PC or two,

not much else you can do - except use the least indis as possible per chart and charts per Meta

and some Metas suck more power - i've just dumped one meta as it was sucking the life out one PC when the US breakouts occurred at 1/2pm GMT now the PC works loads better not sure exactly why - but have tried the same useless meta provider with less charts and now works loads better also just keep the other time frames on another Meta or profile

re-load windows regularly and keep a back up saved for easy re-loading when things get slower again,

defrag regularly also use a cleaner etc (although not registry as they mess things up)

another trick is to use another drive for testing, leave it attached and just boot it from the bios as this saves all sorts of rubbish getting in the main drive that will slow down the PC

not being funny but why do you need 15+ Metas running all at once, are you running a hedge fund?

actually i have 12 screens and 2 PCs - i run 5 or 6 Metas during normal trading hrs - but am being greedy, and dont use that many all the time, as it gets abit overwhelming, sometimes lol

some folks can trade on 1 laptop and multiple markets at the same time - not us though by the looks of it

if i were you i would to speak to the pros that build up trading PCs - theres plenty online,

my best advice is buy another PC with windows 7 and split the load - especially as they cost so little

Good luck

ps - thats not my setup lol

thanks for your information , i need a lot of mt4 running for testing purpose

thanks again will try on windows 7

A new PC seems to be the way to go, especially with so many deals around, you should be able to get another good PC without spending vast amounts

and no problem on the info, ive had a few problems along the way - so is born from necessity

If you are buying a new PC - and if you have nt already thought about an SDD drive for the main, then its a good option to go for - there's plenty of reviews on line testing the fastest and best value, and will reduce the load slightly and speed up all access times on any application running

you did nt mention how many screens you have - but i would recommend the Nvidia based cards as main card over the AMD Radion based

both are good - Radeon are better for HTPC - and Nvidia slightly better and faster for trading (IMO)

after the main screens - Matrox make the best multi screen cards (IMO) some very expensive and some secondhand off the bay can be found ridiculously cheap

i use Matrox G200's quad head cards - and cost nearly nothing, i also have a couple of slightly more expensive Matrox G450's but they have nosily fans, so they had to go and made no difference at all being slightly more powerful,

mega ram and resolution are nt needed for extra screens - normal ratios work just fine

unless your wanting to run full HD video which metatrader obviously isnt then a £500-1K card is required

I mentioned keeping a back up of Windows - once you 1st re-load windows, load all the drivers and then copy onto spare drive, if you have 1 seagate hard drive in the PC - you can use Seagate's disk wizard, it will copy the hard drive in 10minutes and then you can copy back to a clean hard drive when ever needed and takes hardly anytime especially compared to the hassle of re-loading everything back normally when the PC suddenly starts to slow down or crashes

DiscWizard | Seagate

If you want to control both PCs from one mouse and keyboard, there is software also

you dont need anything except the software as the controlling is done via the other router cable to the 2nd PC and fairly easy to set up - although can take an hr or so, but worth it

Input Director - Software KVM to Control Multiple Computers (free)

And if you end up with a set up as above - due to Windows limitations you will very likely need some software called

Multi mon or Ultra mon - same software, but different names (not free - but cheap) and there's a free trial period to test it out and can then add 32+ screens if you wish

Realtime Soft UltraMon

I forgot Win 7 64bit can run Meta - there are some posts on the internet about it, but i have nt tried it due to my Matrox cards possibly not running on 64bit, there are some drivers though, but it could take some time to get to work - so im happy for now as things are - and have too much to do and soo little time lol

Good luck and happy trading!

found this - the next best solution to the expensive Matrox 8 head card, i've seen and heard of them before - but think they were £600 each, the new version seems to be much cheaper than the last

HD7870 Eyefinity 6 card

and very likely can run 2 or 3 for 12 or 18 screens, but anyone interested would have to check, also there seems to a few very similar from different manufacturers - so best to check out a few reviews before a purchase

Radeon HD 7870 Eyefinity 6 - Graphic solutions GeForce & Radeon

VTX3D HD 7870 2048MB EyeFinity 6 GHZ Edition GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card w/ Nexuiz & Dirt Showdown PC Games [VX7870 2GBD5-6D]

ATI's Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition

Graphics Card Can Run Six 1080p Monitors Simutaneously - YouTube

Radeon HD 7870 Eyefinity 6 and the Olympic games - YouTube

JForex78:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to know what could be the reason for using 30 MT4 instances, or even 2?

Just curious to know the kind of trading style that would be.

Thanks,

JForex.

Think a lot of robot you want to run. Many robot + Many instruments = Many profit. Low Risk

Reason: