Profit Generator EA - page 64

backtests gave 97% winning trades for cable SL=35 and TP=9

problem is in forward testing this EA doesnt' live up to the backtests...

Hi Veronika, Currently this EA is being tested by anyone and everyone who has an interest in this thread and so it is up to you to test it yourself with different settings on a demo and review the results. We do know however that the TF of 1hr is probably best so stay with that. Also if you want to review some results there is a link in this thread where results from last week are posted. The site is semipixel.com/p/g/ click on registration and register yourself and then you can review the results thus far. Hope that helps.

Veronika-fxtrader:
Dear Sir

thanks for all your explanations.

I tested PG almost all versions but results are : only losses

and entries against the trend !

can U (or any other member) post me any statement with P/L over 0 and please explain

with version do you recommend ...(with setting, pairs used ,and UT used)

K regards

Veronika

Got killed yesterday and today using TP 40, SL 40, Obsolete=true, oh well...

sampson:
Got killed yesterday and today using TP 40, SL 40, Obsolete=true, oh well...

Me too. Will keep testing though. I'll post my updated statement in the repository later when I get home.

Trade emulation

For those of you frustrated with this EA, here is a new feature. I have been hearing from you that the EA goes into good and bad runs. What if we shut down during bad runs, and continue when the good return? Here is a possible solution, I call it trade emulation. What it does is once the EA goes on a bad run the ordering control is given to a section of the program to perform trade emulation. The EA tracks the order progress without actually placing the order, and when the EA recognizes that TE is back in a positive run it gives control back to the main functioning.

Here is where I need your help, pros. The way I am presently defining a 'run' is to calculate how many poor trades in a row. Once the number of bad trades meets the defined number, the EA will go into TE and wait for X consecutive positive trades. Then trading is back on. I think this can be improved though. The question is, how do we define a bad run and a good run?

I know this is not the best solution, but I have been wanting to do this for some other EA's as well. I appreciate all of you who are testing and giving feedback.

Let me know what you think of this feature, and especially how to better define the 'run'.

Settings:

UseTE=true;

badtrades= This is the number of consecutive negative trades to stop live trading

ReEnter= This is the number of consecutive positive trades to re-enter the market.

A couple of things.....

First, are we ever going to solve the Eur and Gbp conflicting trades?

Also, has anyone (Nich) foward tested the scalping program? What are the results so far?

Nova,

How is the LWMA 50 filter working. I tried it and I couldnt get it to take one trade. Maybe I have something set wrong.

Thanks,

Billy

bagovino:
A couple of things.....

Also, has anyone (Nich) foward tested the scalping program? What are the results so far?

Nova,

How is the LWMA 50 filter working. I tried it and I couldnt get it to take one trade. Maybe I have something set wrong.

Thanks,

Billy

I have it on default setting and a buy trade for gbpjpy was taken at 18.06 CET.

sada

how

Nicholishen:
For those of you frustrated with this EA, here is a new feature. I have been hearing from you that the EA goes into good and bad runs. What if we shut down during bad runs, and continue when the good return? Here is a possible solution, I call it trade emulation. What it does is once the EA goes on a bad run the ordering control is given to a section of the program to perform trade emulation. The EA tracks the order progress without actually placing the order, and when the EA recognizes that TE is back in a positive run it gives control back to the main functioning.

Here is where I need your help, pros. The way I am presently defining a 'run' is to calculate how many poor trades in a row. Once the number of bad trades meets the defined number, the EA will go into TE and wait for X consecutive positive trades. Then trading is back on. I think this can be improved though. The question is, how do we define a bad run and a good run?

I know this is not the best solution, but I have been wanting to do this for some other EA's as well. I appreciate all of you who are testing and giving feedback.

Let me know what you think of this feature, and especially how to better define the 'run'.

Settings:

UseTE=true;

badtrades= This is the number of consecutive negative trades to stop live trading

ReEnter= This is the number of consecutive positive trades to re-enter the market.

hi, its great project guys, but can you show to me how use it. its like others indicator just put it on folder indicator then open meta trader without making any order or what?

Great Idea! But...

Nicholishen:

Settings:

UseTE=true;

I think the idea of 'shutting down' during a bad run is a great idea. However I think the markets are more random than we'd like to think and don't think we can define a run down to a number of losses in a row etc. For all we know when we have shut down, a 'good run' could have just started and then when we are back trading another 'bad run' restarts. This way we are out of the market during positive trades.

I think maybe a better way of approaching this would be to find out the conditions that constitute a bad run. Some suggestions include:

1. During and just after economic news releases?

2. During high trending market?

3. During ranging market?

4. During certain market hours?

5. During certain days of the week?

6. During certain days of the month?

etc... we can add to this list

Once we do that, we can program standard functions and put them in any EA as options when that particular EA should trade and when it shouldn't according to our selections above and according to how our EA performs during testing. We also obviously need to define how to spot a trending market etc, but there are ways to do this. I think what I am trying to say is have filters that can be added as standard to any EA. We already have some of these implemented (such as during certain times of the days etc), but we can make this grow into a full set of market condition definitions.

Let me know what u guys think.

This is an amazing forum! Thanks guys

Tamer

bagovino:
A couple of things.....

Billy

Yup, see attachment.

I would like to see these results as well.

Reason: