Profit Generator EA - page 19

holyguy7:
Exactly correct. We need to find parameters that are going to be stable over the long run. However, Nich, I believe there might be one more feature to add to this thing. How about a reverse feature so that all buys become sells and sells become buys. Check out my statement here and you will see what I mean. Thus, if you find a setting that consistantly loses money, we might be able to capitalize on it. Just because something is losing money very quickly does not mean that it is a total bust. It means that by reversing those trades we could have made money very quickly.

Hi Holyguy7,

I appreciate your effort to make this EA successful, while backtesting I found multiple trade at same time like, 4 or 5 trades are buy and sell at the same time, why it like that, also I am getting only 50% modelling, how can I improve it like you have 90%.

Thanks in advance

Here is the backtest for the EURUSD that looks promising to try out.

Here is a backtester for the GBPUSD that looks promising. Let's see what we can come up with, with some of the other currency pairs.

Here is Profit Generator, All Currency Pairs (19) on a M15 chart. This was started only yesterday.

Files:
pg_m15.gif  5 kb
pg_m15.htm  13 kb

Backtest, really?

Hi,

Backtests are really reliable with this EA? At the beginning of the thread some was telling it isn't. Do you really get quite same results than with forward testing?

Here are the settings I'm testing.

holyguy7:
Here is a backtester for the GBPUSD that looks promising. Let's see what we can come up with, with some of the other currency pairs.

Hi Holyguy7,

Thanks for all your help

Can you post your new EA (Profit Generator 2.7)!!!

Fast_cris

Nicholishen

If you use a function procedure to generate a number for each time you start an EA. you would not have to ever have to rewrite code because of conflicting EAs, time frams, orders, or what ever. The function code below is what I use to generate a number from 100 to 999 much like a number you pull at the meat case at the local food store. With it you can control hundreds of EAs at a time(as if your computor could do that). Along with that after it assigns a number to your ea you can multiply it by 100 which will add two zeros to it. at that point your will have the ability to control 99 orders with that EA at a time. hundreds of EAs with a hunderd orders and not getting lost orders.

//«« <<<>>> »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

int

GetTagNumber() {

int PullNumber = Empty;

if( GlobalVariableCheck( "PullTag ( Do Not Delete )" )) {

PullNumber = GlobalVariableGet( "PullTag ( Do Not Delete )" );

} else {

PullNumber = StartTag;

} // End If, GlobalVariableCheck:

GlobalVariableSet( "PullTag ( Do Not Delete )", PullNumber + 1 );

if( GlobalVariableGet( "PullTag ( Do Not Delete )" ) > EndTag ) {

GlobalVariableSet( "PullTag ( Do Not Delete )", StartTag );

} // End If, GlobalVariableSet:

return( PullNumber );

} // End Function Procedure, GetTagNumber:

[/CODE]

All you have to do is put .... MagicNumber = GetTagNumber( ); .... in your code to get the next available number.

The hi lighted line in the code block below adds the order portion to the tag number in this EA that Iam currently working on. These are only examples to get you thinking.

[CODE]

//«« <<<>>> »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

// Code block to set opening market order for starting new campaign .

if( ! CampaignExists ) {

OrderID = (( SystemTag * OrderPortion ) + PositionLevel );

LastDirection = OrderDirection;

if( OrderDirection == LongOrder ) {

if( ! CombatVictories )

InstituteNewCampaign( LongOrder );

EstablishPosition( LongOrder, ChannelBuyRate );

if( DeBugMessages )

Print ( "Sent Long at ", ChannelBuyRate, ": ", lotsWagered, " Lots." );

} else if( OrderDirection == ShortOrder ) {

if( ! CombatVictories )

InstituteNewCampaign( ShortOrder );

EstablishPosition( ShortOrder, ChannelSellRate );

if( DeBugMessages )

Print ( "Sent Short at ", ChannelSellRate, ": ", lotsWagered, " Lots." );

} else { // RD!{ErrorHandler recovery}:

Print( "OverFlow Error in new order execution." );

} // End If, OrderDirection:

} // End If, CampaignExists:

Happy trades to you...

The CockeyedCowboy

Nicholishen:
The additions to this ea were not to it's trading algorithm. They are just add on modules to give the tester more options. v2.6.3 operates just the same as v1, until you change the settings. The only difference is the ability to trade on lower TF. For those experiencing different results with the same settings and different versions, are experiencing the differences in broker feeds and probabilities. Starting the same version, same pair/tf,same broker, but at different times can yield different results.

delsule:
Not complaining so far. Testing on 30 min chart, 4 majors. Sl 30, tp 6 , allowing 3 trades per pair. See statement. I'm using the first version of Profit Generator.

Hello,

I began the test with your recommendations and I attach you statement. After a good beginning, it following summer worse. To present, it goes back again but it work only on one currency: gbpusd ,although I attached the ea on 4 diagrams with the 4 majors

BrunoFX:
Hello, I began the test with your recommendations and I attach you statement. After a good beginning, it following summer worse. To present, it goes back again but it work only on one currency: gbpusd ,although I attached the ea on 4 diagrams with the 4 majors

This morning only one trade so far, which hit stop loss. I only let it run from 6 GMT till 20 GMT. I notice that it only was one trade, while I set it to trade 3 trades at a time.

Files:
prof_gen_2.htm  18 kb
Reason: