[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 442

7777877:

Question: do I understand correctly:

a) the definition of a file pointer;

b) the meaning of the phrase"if the specified check (the last 2 lines in block 5-6) is removed, an extra object will be created during program execution. And only after that the while loop's end condition will trigger and control will be passed to block 8-9".

a) even if misunderstood, does it prevent you from making correct programs?

b) did you check? and how, was an extra object created?

My advice is not to read the textbook, but usethe documentation, which explains everything in an unambiguous way.

sergeev:

but the chart can't draw just one bar (a slice of the screen) when updating.

it updates the whole window at once.

Perhaps I didn't express myself correctly, when any bar is removed from the chart using HistoryBarsEditor, then with a new tick, that bar no longer appears. I understand that only the last bar is drawn; when I do the same on an offline chart and cut any bar from the chart, with the arrival of the tick all the bars return, i.e. the whole chart is redrawn, right?

So maybe it's not the redraw that should be looked at, but the offline data file? Maybe it's being restored again on a new tick?

sergeev:

So maybe it's not the redraw that should be looked at, but the offline data file? Maybe it's being restored again on a new tick?

Author's synbar writes data in history - tool+period9. But such a history from quotes archive cannot be edited, that's why I changed period from M9 to 1 month, that's the only way it can be edited. Of course, I didn't tear off the online version of monthly chart to avoid confusion of the history. The point is that when a bar is deleted from the chart, it is also deleted from the history. Or the bar is not deleted when deleting from the quote archive? There is simply no other place for it to come from.

fenik:
Or does deleting from the quote archive not actually delete the bar?
check, I don't know how, with what and where you delete.

borilunad:

You add a variable to the condition:

Thank you!!!

Do you know a function where you can set the trading time, i.e. EA trades only from 11:00 till 19:00, after 19:00 it closes a position or places a stop and does not open a position till next morning at 09:00

Thank you

kostikk:

Thank you!!!

maybe you know a function where you can set the time of trade, i.e. advisor trades only from 11:00 to 19:00 after 19:00 it closes the position or places a stop and does not open a position again until the next morning 09:00

Thank you

https://forum.mql4.com/ru/21325

sergeev:
check, I don't know how, with what and where you delete.

Deleted manually from the quote archive, apparently that's the story, different from the terminal one. Thanks for the help.

FAQ:
I'll give my advice - don't read the tutorial, usethe Documentation, it describes everything clearly.
MQL is my first language (apart from Russian and Ukrainian), so, unfortunately, I can't "learn" the Documentation straight away).
Reason: