Braintrading and ASC Systems are late

I don't know how a few of you are coming up with the statements I've seen for these systems showing good accurate trading because compared to what I'm seeing in bias shifts in the market these systems are not only hitting once highs/lows are breached and by then they can easily subside, and they do. I've tried both only to find myself entering into a fading buy or sell quite a few times.

What am I missing fellas?

Braintrading system is ok. There are rules for this system. Many members of this forum participated in estimation of this rules https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173181

For example, I got good sell signal yesterday on EURUSD H4 timeframe. And it was good sell for M30 as well. If you are using the M30 rules so you can avoid trading on any choppy market. Because we are not using this system as is. Try to look at the rules https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173181

Many people were talking on the other threads about future possible direction of EURUSD yesterday in the morning trying to go buy.

But it was good and clear sell according to Brantrading system.

It was just an example.

Of course if we are trading using Braintrend without any rules we will lose. That it why we estimated the rules for H1, M30 and H4 timeframes adding some other indicators as a filters to this system. We backtested this system and did forward test of these rules during the two months already (there are 2 or 3 threads with results).

Braintrading system worked yesterday.

Now i am using this system together with Ichimoku indicators on H4, D1 and W1 timeframes. And it works as well.

As to ASCTrend system so nobody estimated the rules for this system yet.

Several indicators all together (ASCTrend system) are not a system yet. We have seveal versions of ASCTrend system already (4 or 5 even): two are from Russian forums, an other set of indicators was created by Beluck and final version of this system was created by Igorad. It should be rules for this system to be a system: when to trade, why, how to filter the signals, backtesting, forward testing, correction of the rules and so on.

Thank you newdigital

then we are left with a complicated method indeed once a system begins to add numerous other filters and indicators. it leaves me with the question what is the simplest/most effective system we've run across?

I've heard trading wither side of a moving average, but even that leaves you open for damage via estimation.

Adjust the RISK variable in the menu to change when and where it makes its entries

Magic Number

Could someone please tell me what the "magic number" refers to?

Also, is it just a matter of downloading the mq4 file for the brain trading system to the expert folder of MT4 as well as the necessary indicators to the indicator folder get the EA to function once it (the EA) and the indicators have been placed on the chart? Or is there something additional that I need to do to get the EA to execute trades automatically?

Thank you for your help.

Rich

rwgold:
Could someone please tell me what the "magic number" refers to?

Also, is it just a matter of downloading the mq4 file for the brain trading system to the expert folder of MT4 as well as the necessary indicators to the indicator folder get the EA to function once it (the EA) and the indicators have been placed on the chart? Or is there something additional that I need to do to get the EA to execute trades automatically?

Thank you for your help.

Rich

I don't know which EA you are talking about.

EAs should be in /experts folder, indicators are in /indicator folder. If you are using EA so you do not need to attach indicators to the chart. Do not forget to compile everything.

It is better to have different magic number for each chart (if you have this option in EA).

And there are some good thread with more explanation:

- Can't you autotrade?

- Learning to code for autotrading

And you should check Codersguru lessons even if you are avdanced user or programmer here and here.

And switch "Display Options" (in the end of the page) "From The beginning" to see all the lessons.

Good thread about brokers are here.

If you can not find something try to search https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.forex-tsd.src/search

EA Brain Trend

Thank you NewDigital for the reply and your advice.

I have attached the EA I was referring to in my original post. From what I read here in the forum where I downloaded this EA it is necessary to have the indicators loaded in order for the EA to function unless I am misunderstanding what I have read.

The EA doesn't give me any indication that it is functioning although the journal does state that it has been successfully loaded.

Also I still have no idea what the "magic number" refrs to.

Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Files:
Reason: