Tools request! - page 6

fxdk:
Can you write a tool that takes a 1 minute HST file and returns the data in whatever time specified by the user - as an HST file.

So for eg.

give 1 minute HST file - it returns 4 hour HST file, if specified 4 hours by user.

Thanks.

I think you can do it by first import the 1M HST file, converting the 1M chart to 4H chart data with period_converter script, then open the 4H chart online. You should have the 4H HST file on your HISTORY folder. Hope this help

MT4 panel

Hi De Vinci,

Your MT4 panel is similar to an idea I had. I even came up with a manual system of red and green dots on pennies placed on a card similar to a BINGO card but as you can imagine it takes too much time to maintain. The idea is a good one..but hey folks with MT4 we can program it to let us know when the conditions are right or just set it up to place and close the trades. That will free us up to do other things..like enjoy life!! lol

The problem I see with this is..working EAs with multiple timeframes. CodersGuru has graciously shared some tidbits on the use of Global Variables to manage just this situation but I am new to this type of programming and need a lot more mentoring and examples on this topic before I can code it myself. Any help in this would sure be appreciated!

FX4$$$

period converter frustration

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxdk

Can you write a tool that takes a 1 minute HST file and returns the data in whatever time specified by the user - as an HST file.

I would say why even specify a time frame. If the guy has 1m data for a currency a tool is needed that by a single script or click generates all other time frames up to say weekly.

It is a real hassle always having to go in and rebuild the history files on a new machine - and then keeping them uptodate is also a hassle.

may i request one more thing ^_^

--> MT4 Chat Channel <--

Convert reports to a .csv file

I would love a tool that converts the MT4 reports to csv/excel format.

Just a bunch of columns. Plain and simple.

That makes it easy for use with other tools.

Most accept .csv and .txt but none the MT4 report format.

Keep on coding

winnysunny:
may i request one more thing ^_^ --> MT4 Chat Channel <--

irc.othernert.org #forex

Foreverold:
irc.othernert.org #forex

That channel is to Russian to be of any use to me

EA to manage open trades

I am looking for an EA to manage open trades. What I require is an EA that can start with an initial stop loss and TP target and once the trade is up by an ammount, that is adjustable, the stop is moved to BE. Then I want to have at least 2 more steps of moving the stop to positive levels.

Hope you can help. I am sure this would be of benifit for many others as well.

I have posted this request in the general area and have been helped very quicky by a couple of great guys/gals but the EA suggested doesnt do what I require

One of the most critical aspects needed is that it has to be tied to a specific trade, it cant effect all open trades in the given pair. The problem is that if I have an open GBP/USD long term trade and open a short term trade the parrameters that i put into the EA to run the short term trade will carry over into the long term trade and close me out when this is not what i want. I would think using the ticket number would be a way of doing this.

Obtaining Data from IB

Is there a tool or utility that would basically allow me to use MT4 as a data analysis/trade management tool with Interactive Brokers? I have some good systems I'm developing/developed that I think would work on markets other than forex and IB is my broker of choice, other than forex. It should be possible somehow--but way beyond my ability.

Excel reads html tables, just rename your statement.htm to statement.xls

Reason: