What is normal broker delay between last tick and Market Close

The last tick of the week before the market closes will normally trigger EA processing.  This processing can result in a trade request being sent to the broker, usually within a fraction of a second.  If the broker closes the market IMMEDIATELY after the last tick, the request will be rejected with a "Market Closed" error.  In that case, I guess it's best to retry this error, and the request will get processed when the market opens again.  But that has potential problems as well.  Thoughts?

Trading around day roll-over is not a good idea because liquidity is very low and spreads very large. Better stop trading 1 hour before and restart 1 hour after.

ballenoz:

I have removed your last post.

If a trade request is rejected due to the market being closed, then any EA should be coded to deal with it.

If it is the open of the market at the beginning of the week, then code for the conditions that you would like a trade to be opened.

Keith Watford:

I have removed your last post.

If a trade request is rejected due to the market being closed, then any EA should be coded to deal with it.

If it is the open of the market at the beginning of the week, then code for the conditions that you would like a trade to be opened.

I'm not sure you understand what I'm asking...  What is the delay a broker normally makes between the LAST TICK, and setting the Market Close condition?  I would have thought that was a relatively straightforward question.

ballenoz:
I'm not sure you understand what I'm asking...  What is the delay a broker normally makes between the LAST TICK, and setting the Market Close condition?  I would have thought that was a relatively straightforward question.

You didn't ask that question in your post, you asked something different and that was what I responded to.

There is no "normal delay". The last tick may be 5 minutes, 5 seconds or 5 milliseconds before the market close time.

Keith Watford:

There is no "normal delay". The last tick may be 5 minutes, 5 seconds or 5 milliseconds before the market close time.

Do you have a reference from actual brokers, or is it just a guess?  This is the same as I would guess, but I was hoping for something more definitive?

ballenoz:
Do you have a reference from actual brokers, or is it just a guess?  This is the same as I would guess, but I was hoping for something more definitive?

What reference ? There is no relation at all between the last tick and the market close. It depends of the market, I suppose you are talking about Forex, only things you could do is to collect data and build statistics. But what to do ?

Either you reached the market close with open trades and you have to deal with that at the next opening. Or you anticipate that with a rule like proposed by Fernando "I will close my trades 5 minutes before market close or 1 hour or whatever".

You don't need a tick for you EA to work. The last tick is irrelevant unless I missed something.

Reason: