New Experimental Expert Help!!! - page 3

you are coeeect

Foreverold:
I'm unable to tell you anything about it, looks like Eric summed it up.

Grid trading seems to scare me, I put on one of thes experts once to see what it would do, then spent the next 15 min or so deleting orders.

I am currious as to your results

Foreverold you are correct,

It's difficult to delete orders. There should be a function in the expert to do that, if need be.

The Idea is, if markets are a tug of war between buyers and sellers then the best way to win is to go with the winning side. and the grid does a good job of making your win side heavy as the market moves in one direction.

But the trick is to judge the total possible swing of the market in a given time and stack the orders accordingly. Timing is Also crucial.

My wish is to help make such a grid that does all those calculations before stacking orders and having enough fail safes not to not take huge losses.

But given that I am not a programmer, it's an up hill battle.

Thanks Eric

Eric:
The EA that Foreverold posted is an earlier version of the MakeGrid193 EA by huguesdb.

Thanks for the tip Eric. I like the Makegrid EA.

A lot of thought went into that.

I have a possible suggestion for the HedgExpert EA. Say you have the number of orders set to 5. What if each pending order increased the lot size by the amount of the initial lot size? So if the number of orders was 5, it would set the pending orders up as 0.1 then 0.2 then 0.3 then 0.4 then 0.5. You would basically be adding positions in the direction of the trend to accelerate the profit. If it went against you, the orders on the other side would be set up the same way to hedge. It could be a user option whether to use increasing lot sizes or not.

FX-Hedger,

Yes it's true that there are potential problems anytime you get into increasing lots and lot sizes, but I think that it might be something to consider. Maybe having the option of whether to increase lot size in both directions or only in one direction.

There could also be the option of using an indicator as a filter where the lot sizes would only be stepped up in the direction of the filter (I personally like the Hull MA that igor programmed--that could be an example of a simple filter) I think there are things that can be added to improve this EA.

That's a good Indicator

Eric:
FX-Hedger,

Yes it's true that there are potential problems anytime you get into increasing lots and lot sizes, but I think that it might be something to consider. Maybe having the option of whether to increase lot size in both directions or only in one direction.

There could also be the option of using an indicator as a filter where the lot sizes would only be stepped up in the direction of the filter (I personally like the Hull MA that igor programmed--that could be an example of a simple filter) I think there are things that can be added to improve this EA.

That's a good indicator Eric,

I agree. May be we can also add the Heiken Ashi as a confermation filter? What do you think?

FX-Hedger:
That's a good indicator Eric, I agree. May be we can also add the Heiken Ashi as a confermation filter? What do you think?

Maybe you can explain to me how you would use the Heiken Ashi for confirmation, I'm not too familiar with it myself. It's candlesticks right?

I'll explain my thought a little here too. My thought for the HMA was just a simple switch where if the HMA filter is true, the EA would use the stepped up lot sizes in the direction of the HMA. The HMA could be attached to any timeframe you wanted since the hedge grid itself doesn't matter about what the TF is. So for example, here is a screenshot of EUR/USD 30M with a 200 period HMA, which I have really been liking lately as a visual aid. You would have been well served recently by having your hedge grids with stepped up lot sizes in the direction of the HMA.

Files:
hma.gif  62 kb

Files:
system-image.jpg  147 kb

I'm using the HMA that Igor coded in this thread.

I just thought that a simple trend indicator like HMA could be used as a trigger to use stepped up lot sizes in the direction of the overall trend. Since the EA sets pending orders both above and below the current price, maybe the key is to load up a little more in the direction of the trend and see if the price action holds true to that trend and goes that way.

yah sure

Eric:
I'm using the HMA that Igor coded in this thread. I just thought that a simple trend indicator like HMA could be used as a trigger to use stepped up lot sizes in the direction of the overall trend. Since the EA sets pending orders both above and below the current price, maybe the key is to load up a little more in the direction of the trend and see if the price action holds true to that trend and goes that way.

Dear Eric,

Yah sure, we can ask Igor to make us hedge expert with your indicator.

But I think finally we will need to make a very good indicator to be mostly profitable.

I'm going to concentrate on that for the moment. but mean while let's ask Igor to make one with your indictor and let's test it.

Reason: