Why EA is not working when attached

Hello everyone,

This is sound a little st..id. I downloaded some EA. Copy it to my expert directory, when I opened the strategybuilder platform, tried to attached EA onto the chart, I don't have a smiley face, but I got this big L or big J letter. Could anyone tell me why. Many THX.

Josephine

josephine:
Hello everyone,

This is sound a little st..id. I downloaded some EA. Copy it to my expert directory, when I opened the strategybuilder platform, tried to attached EA onto the chart, I don't have a smiley face, but I got this big L or big J letter. Could anyone tell me why. Many THX.

Josephine

Open MetaTrader, go to "Tools", then "Options", then "Expert Advisors' and check "Enable EA", "Allow Live Trading", "Allow DLL Import". And the same with the options of the EA during the attaching it to the chart. And make sure that you compile this EA before.

www.metatrader.info

newdigital:
Open MetaTrader, go to "Tools", then "Options", then "Expert Advisors' and check "Enable EA", "Allow Live Trading", "Allow DLL Import". And the same with the options of the EA during the attaching it to the chart. And make sure that you compile this EA before.

And you can read my article:

http://www.metatrader.info/node/69

Why EA not working

Hello Newdigital,

Thank you for the reply, I actually took all the action step above before placing EA to chart, just don't understand why it did what it did. I didn't have this problem before with my old computer system, using XP Home. Now I'm using XP Pro, not sure is that the problem with Pro version. I'm attaching an image so you might see what I am saying. Not only the EA that is not working properly, I also have some indicators that doesn't work right as like before. Does any one using Pro version for metatrader4. Any suggestion would be appreciate. Thanx.

Files:
eurusd.gif  12 kb

josephine:

Hello Newdigital,

Thank you for the reply, I actually took all the action step above before placing EA to chart, just don't understand why it did what it did. I didn't have this problem before with my old computer system, using XP Home. Now I'm using XP Pro, not sure is that the problem with Pro version. I'm attaching an image so you might see what I am saying. Not only the EA that is not working properly, I also have some indicators that doesn't work right as like before. Does any one using Pro version for metatrader4. Any suggestion would be appreciate. Thanx.

I did not see it before. Seems I can not help.

I think some other members probably had this problem with "J" letter.

http://www.metatrader.info/node/69

Hi Codersguru,

Thank you for the link, I'll try that later.

Josephine

Reason: