Usd Index - page 2

I don't know it is USD index or not but this indicator was calculated according to the following formula:

USD = (GBP0 - Data1) * 100000

+ ((EUR0 - Data2) * 100000)

+ ((Data3 - CHF0) * 100000 / Data3)

+ ((Data4 - JPY0) * 100000 / Data4);

where

Data1 is close bar for GBPUSD (price)

Data2 is close bar for EURUSD (price)

Data3 is close bar for USDCHF (price)

Data4 is close bar for USDJPY (price)

and the following parameters are the settings of this indicator:

extern double GBP0=1.9185;

extern double EUR0=1.356;

extern double CHF0=1.1387;

extern double JPY0=102.6;

Sorry, I have no idea about it is USD index or not.

There is the other indicator (attached). The author (Alexey Baranov) made this indicator long time ago according to the following formula:

USD = MathPow(UsdChf*UsdJpy*UsdCad/EurUsd/GbpUsd/AudUsd,1./7.)

Files:
mindex.mq4  2 kb

And I just opened Liteforex Metatrader https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/6251-liteforex and I see the following:

So I have no idea it is index or not sorry.

Files:
index1.jpg  35 kb
index.jpg  70 kb

Thanks. Will take a closer look.

How to calculate "USD index ,GBP index ,JPY index"

USD index is not enough,i want to calculate the GBP index,JPYindex

and programming at MT4,

many thanks.

or if you are interesting ,we can mail :95501883$qq.com

hi ,endy,do you resolve the problem?

mailema:
USD index is not enough,i want to calculate the GBP index,JPYindex

and programming at MT4,

many thanks.

or if you are interesting ,we can mail :95501883$qq.com

The USD Index measures the performance of the Greenback against a basket of currencies. These currencies are EUR, JPY, GBP, CAD, CHF and SEK.

You just need to adapt the formula to you needs:

USDX = 50.14348112 * EURUSD^-0.576 * USDJPY^0.136 * GBPUSD^-0.119 * USDCAD^0.091 * USDSEK^0.042 * USDCHF^0.036

currency strength/index

mailema:
hi ,endy,do you resolve the problem?

Hi,

yes, I developed currency strength indicator for each currency.

See attached sample at H4 timeframe, from left to right from top to bottom:

Left part from top to bottom: EUR, GBP, USD, CHF.

Right part from top to bottom: JPY, CAD, AUD, NZD.

endy

Files:
curstr.jpg  17 kb

Currencies Index

As we are talking about currency correlations, I have a question to ask. I'm working lately on currency indexes and made some research. Formula for USD Index is clear (USDX = 50.14348112 * EURUSD^-0.576 * USDJPY^0.136 * GBPUSD^-0.119 * USDCAD^0.091 * USDSEK^0.042 * USDCHF^0.036). Some people are asking for other indexes (AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, JPY, NZD, Oil, Gold, Silver, etc.) and I'm trying to figure out how to make them. So I've made some research but could not find the formula for other indexes.

I've found two things though : this post gives LiteForex indexes formulas. CICR system (Currency index cross referencing). But they are not calculated with weight of currencies as is the USD Index.

This page https://www.markit.com/en/products/data/indices/fx-indices/rules.page?# and this pdf https://www.markit.com/assets/en/docs/fact-sheets/uk/FS_iBoxxFX_TW_A4.pdf give a basket and weights for calculating indexes, but I don't know if this is usefull data as even USD index is not presented with basic formula and currency basket is not the same.

So my first question is does anyone know where I can find an "official" formula to calculate other indexes with basket and weight ? And second is are the data of the pdf above usefull as I know the basic formula was made in the 70's and reviewed with the euro, weight of currencies could have been altered. Thanks for your help or comments.

GBP index gbpx.mq4

Files:
gbpx.mq4  10 kb
gbp.gif  30 kb
Reason: