Is it possible?

Does anyone know if it is possible to import multiple data feeds from different brokers either:

a) directly into MT4

b) to a third party program--Then call to it for quotes from MT4 ?

I would like to develop a system to take advantage of arbitrage opportunites. For example: Broker A is 00; Broker B is 12; Broker C is 10. Place a BUY order at Broker A and a SELL at broker B. Wait for price to converge and close trades...etc.

Any input would be helpful!

Additionally, I am wondering if it is possible to Export quotes from multiple versions of MT running on different brokers to ONE Excel sheet thru the DDE server? Then would it be possible to write a VBasic to analyze data then pass a signal to an external program (dll?) then import back to MT to execute trades?

Thank you for the information CodersGuru!

How can it be possible to FileWrite() from multiple instances of MT to (1) csv?

Also, is it possible to write to multiple csv's and have the ability to call to them @ locations outside of the resident expert folder?

It's very easy to patch the terminal.exe program to change the DDE server name from MT4 to something else. Obviously it can only be a 3 character string.

I've done it and it has the desired effect.

I won't post here how to do it as it almost certainly breaks the terms of use of the program.

If people want the facility in the program to change the DDE server name then make a suggestion on the metaquotes site in the program suggestions page and maybe if enough people request it they will do it.

I dont think comparing different price feed helps with trading. It does show who the more buckety bucket shops are (those with furthest price shifts away from the market).

Just use edonkey and download Metaserver for tradestation (it works great - dde between six brokers).

Tradestation is now free(i think) - - or just edonkey it (use bitcomet - and serach for edonkey at torrentspy.com) - along with some great new movies....

I think the bigger problems would be to get the orders filled and not to get problems with the broker.

eric79:
I think the bigger problems would be to get the orders filled and not to get problems with the broker.

...and upon further analysis, I don't think the profitablity would be worth the time investment...

Hi!

Do you know a way to tell MT4 to get tick data from a specified datasource (txt file, database etc..)?

It would allow to backtest EA's on tick data.

jojo

How

fxwise:
It's very easy to patch the terminal.exe program to change the DDE server name from MT4 to something else. Obviously it can only be a 3 character string.

I've done it and it has the desired effect.

I won't post here how to do it as it almost certainly breaks the terms of use of the program.

If people want the facility in the program to change the DDE server name then make a suggestion on the metaquotes site in the program suggestions page and maybe if enough people request it they will do it.

I dont think comparing different price feed helps with trading. It does show who the more buckety bucket shops are (those with furthest price shifts away from the market).

Can you share how to do this?

I hope there is Depelover will do it, because it's interesting since we can analize who the broker moving first, so we can use the delay to trade with the other broker

Reason: