How do i use the inputs for the ZigZag Indicator? - page 2

Original question wasn't exactly answered

So...how do beginners change inputs?

Does zigzag work on all timeframes? Or is there any timeframe that this indicator shouldn't be used?

We've all searched and got here, so if you know anything, post with URL.

Zig zag indicators can work if the market is zigzag or up and down....he..he...

Configuration numbers? terms?

How about detailed instruction on the indicator configurations and options?

Where can I find such information?

what is the best setting for 1M -5M scalping?

what is the best setting for longterm trade 30M-1H-4H?

anybody can recommend?

currently i am using 12,5,3.

zig zag indicator

hi,

can anyone tell me how the zig zag indicator actually works? thanks.

mtf zigzag

if,..zigzag count the high and low...

suppose we can set the parameter according to the bar.

ex: parameter 72 for 5M tf is equal to 12 for 30M tf in 5M chart..

is it correct?????..

i like to know 123 patern another timeframe in my 5M chart...what is the parameter setting?..

The first image's zigzags were drawn manually based on fractal points, the second image's zigzags were drawn automatically using the built-in zigzag indicator inside MT4, while the third image's zigzags were drawn automatically using the fractal zigzag indicator which I found after googling the internet.

The question is, is there anyone here in the forum that have or capable to code zigzags based on the fractal points?

What's wrong with the fractal zigzag indicator? Well, despite the fractal points are marked on the chart, the indicator mostly skipped these points. I don't know why and what it was based on. Using the fractal points as zigzag basis would minimize the repaint events that are frequent when using the common zigzag indicator.

Note that on the chart where the zigzags were drawn manually, when the fractal low is followed by a fractal low, I insert a fractal high between these fractal lows. The criteria for this fractal high (forced fractals are marked with white Xs) is simply the highest price between two fractal lows (or the lowest price if between two fractal high).

If anyone could help me with coding this indicator, I would be very grateful.

Cheers!

PS. Additional benefit with using my manual method in drawing the zigzags is that we know how long we would have to wait for the confirmation that the zigzag point is FIXED. With the good ol' zigzag, we never know when exactly the zigzag would be permanent (that is, will not repaint).

amenlo9:
what is the best setting for 1M -5M scalping?

what is the best setting for longterm trade 30M-1H-4H?

anybody can recommend?

currently i am using 12,5,3.

Hi all,

Could any buddy kindly tell me if any effective EA coded for this zigzag indicator(pointer)?

How to setup the EA parameter(12,5,3)? or anything like that.

If no completed EA for it, I will pay any coder for giving me the automatic EA.

Tks for any reply

ele:

diki_bdg:
if,..zigzag count the high and low...

suppose we can set the parameter according to the bar.

ex: parameter 72 for 5M tf is equal to 12 for 30M tf in 5M chart..

is it correct?????..

i like to know 123 patern another timeframe in my 5M chart...what is the parameter setting?..

there is "ZUP_v76" indicator you could find easily through google.com it will draw multi zigzag using different timeframe data on one timeframe chart.

It is on the first post of this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588

Reason: