Using the Period Converter Script - page 2

perhaps probs with build 190 should also be mentioned

Hi,

I tried everything so many times before the way it was written in the backtest faq @ sbfx. The way it was written in post 1 here. Nothing worked. I tried at least 20 times vary ways across various installs... but they were all build 190.

finally someone told me that the problem was probably build 190.

So I tried 188 and everything works fine.

If I had known 190 had this problem would have saved me a lot of headache.

Is there a standard bugs serious list anywhere for MT4? At first I thought people were just being cautious advising not to upgrade for a long time after a new release. Now I see that MT4 is indeed super-buggy on each new release.

SBFX's demo servers completely stopped working... couldn't connect for a day or so after 189? or 190? (can't remember which) was installed. Many people had that prob too.

here is a description of backtest problem. I was using fresh alpari data.

http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15903&page=2&pp=14

Period_Converter

Moved Message To A More Current Location.

Doesn't work?

Sorry, it's working

Hello,

I loaded the period conventer, but it seems be this is don't do anything... .

How can I know, the script is ended?

Thank you!

How to import other data into MT4

Well I am very happy with my system for currencies and I have seen that foreign brokers offer other data such as some commodities and indexes.

Is there a way to import such data into the platform even if it is not a direct feed from your broker?

For example, you can get Dow index quotes in .csv form from numerous sources. Can that be fed into the MT4 platform for processing and display?

Steve

radatats:
Well I am very happy with my system for currencies and I have seen that foreign brokers offer other data such as some commodities and indexes.

Is there a way to import such data into the platform even if it is not a direct feed from your broker?

For example, you can get Dow index quotes in .csv form from numerous sources. Can that be fed into the MT4 platform for processing and display?

Steve

Hey Rad-

Nice to see ya again or read you as the case may be.....

Not necessarily easy to import data into mt4, but there is a mt4 broker here https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/5816-broco that has a demo with futures, commodities and tons of forex crosses. I was demoing the ES for a while and the feed was good, although on demo.

Hope that helps.

hi

save MT4 data into .csv and look .csv data format .

open your .csv and make it the same format with .csv from MT4 .

open your MT4 then import it

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Hey IT! Good to hear from you too. I downloaded that broco mt4 and I will definitely be checking it out. Looks very promising...

Thanks for the inputs.

Steve

cardio:
Hi

I have struggled with the period converter script and had given up on it, until a friend gave me this explaination.

Using the Period Converter script

-Get the 1 minute data from Alpari (M1)

-Delete all the .hst files of the currency pair you want to import from your

MetaTrader's history folder (for example C:\Program files/MetaTrader 4/history/InterbankFX Demo)

-In MT go to Tools -> Options and set max. bars in history and max. bars in chart to the

maximum by entering 99999999999 for each

-Go to Tools -> History Center and the currency pair you want to import and double click on M1. --Click on import and import the M1 data from Alpari that you just downloaded.

-Open a M1 chart of the currency pair

-Go to Tools -> History Center and the currency pair you want to import and double click on M1. Click on import

and import the M1 data from Alpari that you just downloaded.

-Drag the period converter script on to the chart and on the Inputs tab set the variable ExtPeriodMultiplier to 5 (for M5).

-After 30 sec or so doubleclick on the period_converter script in the MetaTrader Navigator window. This will stop the script the script and start it again. Click yes in the dialog box.

-Now start the script again and stop it after about 30 sec in the way described above with settings for ExtPeriodMultiplier of 15, 30, 60, 240 and 1440.

-Go to History Center, the currency you are importing, doubleclick on M5 and click on import. Now choose the path

C:\Program files/MetaTrader 4/history/InterbankFX Demo to import from and

there will be a file EURJPYM5 (if you are importing EURJPY) or similar, that the script just created.

Import from this file.

-Then go to M15 in the history center and import EURJPYM15 from C:\Program

files/MetaTrader 4/history/InterbankFX Demo

-Do the same for M30, H1 ... up tp D1

That's it

GIVE UP

export is easy

import or make HST data is hard

MetaTrader History Data Importing and Converting Tutorial for Quality Backtesting

got the reason why strategy tester for EA that does not work too

I only do manual entry

I wanna to test on EURCAD for a particular time frame to see whether my indicator will SHOW ME an entry sign -- in time or when will it show

Period Converter Optimized

but I can only get csv data

my MT4 compiler does not work -- so I don't know about PERIOD CONVERTER working or not

i.e. I can't get the csv (cut few of the data out) then put it back in as HST

so Give Up such Test now -- probably the simplest way is to USE the ex4 version as the attached file (again, my MT4 compiler is gone, so I don't have the ex4)

Files:

hi

please guide me how to change the time frame from default to 2m 4m 6m 8m and so on. Sincere thanks with appreciation in advance.

Period converter build 840

Hi

Does anybody have a period converter allowing to have ie 10 sec. charts that works in MT4 build 840 ?

Thanks in advance.

Reason: