shall I use MT4' tester to test an EA on other data, such as stock or future when I import its data?

I want to use MT4's tester to test an EA which runs on other investment products by import their history data.

for example, I open history center in MT4 and select "USDJPY ", and import stock's M1 data, such as C, and then get other time frames by converter.

so after that, shall I test an EA on stock data which is imported into USDJPY?

if not, how can?

Thank you!

try & c what happens

vx0532:

I want to use MT4's tester to test an EA which runs on other investment products by import their history data.

for example, I open history center in MT4 and select "USDJPY ", and import stock's M1 data, such as C, and then get other time frames by converter.

so after that, shall I test an EA on stock data which is imported into USDJPY?

if not, how can?

You can, do you understand the implications of doing this ? swaps ? tickvalue ? min lot ? lot step ?

RaptorUK:
You can, do you understand the implications of doing this ? swaps ? tickvalue ? min lot ? lot step ?

ok, maybe I can't ; you mean this? or have a proper method to adjust for this?

vx0532:

He means you can, but you should choose a symbol with properties that are similar to the one you are importing.

vx0532:

What I meant was, yes you can . . . but you need to understand how all the incorrect symbol information will affect your calculations in your code . . . you know your code so you are in the best position to understand the implications.

RaptorUK:
What I meant was, yes you can . . . but you need to understand how all the incorrect symbol information will affect your calculations in your code . . . you know your code so you are in the best position to understand the implications.

ok, Thank u!
Reason: