What's Going on at Interbank FX

As of 2-5-2006 The tick feed @ Interbank Fx has changed significantly. I am noticing that the volume is about ten times higher than usual, and an expert is registering around 20-100+ individual tick updates in the time frame of one minute. It's been rumored that IbFX is negotiating a deal with one of the worlds largest liquidity providers...

Can a transition as such happen without notice? Does anyone know what's going on at Interbank FX?

Ibfx

Yes................ What's going on? I would like to know that since I am about to apply a live account with them. I am sure many others like me would like to know too. Anybody knows about it?

Happy and Good trading to you all.

I spoke to the customer service about the feed, and they are saying that nothing has changed. They are changing liquidity providers, but not until 6-8 weeks. Where there were no gaps before (except on weekends), i am now seeing 7 pip intraday gaps frequently. I am also noticing that a few times today the spread on the EURUSD was around 20 pips.

Is anyone else seeing what i am seeing?

Files:

IBFX Gaps

I called them yesterday because of gaps on the 1min charts. I had one big one at 17:13 of 20 pips, this screwed up the EA I was running at the time.

They said that is was the market conditions that did that, and couldnt offer me a proper explanation. They are a solid broker, but have many server/data feed problems.

I am getting very reluctant about opening an account there.

forexpipmaster:
I had one big one at 17:13 of 20 pips

That's when they swiched back to their original feed. Ryan Best from Trading International (IIB) Seems to think that they were doing a live beta test on the new LP. It would be nice to find out who the feed was coming from prior to switching back. ...20 pip differences make for awesome arbitrage opps.

How's Interbank thesedays. I'm looking for a mt4 broker with micro lots, and I have only two options, with neuimex being the other. Do they alter spreads or have downtimes? what do you guys think?

had the same thing with fxcm, some people had money taken out of their accounts because of this, some people didnt..

WHY: because if say your at 1.2334 and a huge amount of volume comes in its not always gonna go 5,6,7,8,9 and so on the next price might be alot farther away then the next such as 1.2335...basicaly they are losing money by giving you a price that was never hit that it actually jumped past it, so much money at the close of the bar that it skips all those inbetween and opens where it should...it sucks cause you could have a stop and it misses it by 10 or so points then it takes out there, but hopefully this wont happen alot...i havent seen it yet i dont use 1min charts but it used to happen even on 1hr charts with fxcm/refco,, wouldnt let you trade or do anything cause it was finding its price due to too much volume and time to calculate price

had the same thing with fxcm, some people had money taken out of their accounts because of this, some people didnt..

WHY: because if say your at 1.2334 and a huge amount of volume comes in its not always gonna go 5,6,7,8,9 and so on the next price might be alot farther away then the next such as 1.2335...basicaly they are losing money by giving you a price that was never hit that it actually jumped past it, so much money at the close of the bar that it skips all those inbetween and opens where it should...it sucks cause you could have a stop and it misses it by 10 or so points then it takes out there, but hopefully this wont happen alot...i havent seen it yet i dont use 1min charts but it used to happen even on 1hr charts with fxcm/refco,, wouldnt let you trade or do anything cause it was finding its price due to too much volume and time to calculate price.. i think its actually illegal to offer you exact price or stop or what not...i made sometimes at news alot more pips than I should with fxcm cause my tp's were not hit and 50 pips later is the next price but then again if i was in the other direction i would have been MAD, but they never took the money out like they did to a few people i knew... hopefully the continue on using the same feed gaps and huge spread differences blow

Thanks for the reply, but I would like to hear some news from peeps using interbankfx live. Most of the recent posts have been positive. I wanted to make sure nothing's changed

Please. Can live accnt users say something about interbank?

InterbankFX Live Account

DanielTyrkiel:
Please. Can live accnt users say something about interbank?

Hi Daniel,

I have a live account with InterbankFX. There is nothing much to say, just no problem. I've been with them for about 3 months now, their live supports have been very good, trading live using their live server has been no problem.

I have not withdrawn any money from them since I am still loosing, sad huh?

Hope this helps.

Brgds - Ben

Reason: