Ema Cross! - page 15

Hendrick:
Greetings Codersguru!

I followed a lot of threads about EA's for MetaTrader in the last year. Some good, some better and some worse. I still don't know why, but I like this EA of yours. I believe it has a lot of potential. Did some backtesting and decided to trade a 5K mini-demo account with the following pairs and TF's:

USD/CHF H4

GBP/CHF H1

EUR/CHF H1

EUR/USD H4

EUR/JPY M30

EUR/AUD H4

AUD/USD D

USD/CAD D

EUR/CAD H1

I will keep you informed about the results.

Hendrick,

Thank you very much !

It is not very safe to trade without stop loss. Have a look at 2 graphs:

Initial deposit: 10000

Modeling quality: 89,99%

1. GBPUSD Daily 2004.06.21 - 2006.02.16

Total net profit : 36237

2. GBPUSD 1H 2004.06.21 - 2006.02.16

Total net profit: -8878

Files:
daily.gif  6 kb
1h.gif  7 kb

Simple,beter,a beter one ,good,agood one ,more good one ,best ,a best one , super ,a super one ,superlative and soooo oonn , Coders guru you are like LIKE SOME WISE WORDS SAYING AINT NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH ,SKY HAS NO LIMIT .I HAVE ATRUST IN YOU AND LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARN MORE FROM YOU CODERS GURU .Love Audio

UseStopLoss

krall:
It is not very safe to trade without stop loss. Have a look at 2 graphs:

Initial deposit: 10000

Modeling quality: 89,99%

1. GBPUSD Daily 2004.06.21 - 2006.02.16

Total net profit : 36237

2. GBPUSD 1H 2004.06.21 - 2006.02.16

Total net profit: -8878

krall,

You can set the UseStopLossto trueif you want to use stop loss.

Did you use the stoploss in the GBPUSD Daily test above?

I didn't, on daily it is not necessery in this case. But I can't find proper stop loss for 1H, which would not kill profit.

Krall, your results from the daily chart to 1 hour chart with or without stoploss are incomplete as the loss is a posted loss due to a trade currently still open (which you can't count as it is still in the process). Of the trades completed, those are the ones to look at. Generally no stop works better, however it comes down to more of a "what you can stomach" issue.

To get a true representation of accuracy, remove the last trade if it is a loss (as this system will do as it needs the cycle to complete). With that, you get a true net profit (such as you can have in backtesting in MetaTrader).

Graham

Hendrick:
Greetings Codersguru!

I followed a lot of threads about EA's for MetaTrader in the last year. Some good, some better and some worse. I still don't know why, but I like this EA of yours. I believe it has a lot of potential. Did some backtesting and decided to trade a 5K mini-demo account with the following pairs and TF's:

USD/CHF H4

GBP/CHF H1

EUR/CHF H1

EUR/USD H4

EUR/JPY M30

EUR/AUD H4

AUD/USD D

USD/CAD D

EUR/CAD H1

I will keep you informed about the results.

Now which EA set you using, the moving average cross or the moving average channel? I am assuming the moving average cross.

Graham

Krall, your results from the daily chart to 1 hour chart with or without stoploss are incomplete as the loss is a posted loss due to a trade currently still open (which you can't count as it is still in the process). Of the trades completed, those are the ones to look at. Generally no stop works better, however it comes down to more of a "what you can stomach" issue. To get a true representation of accuracy, remove the last trade if it is a loss (as this system will do as it needs the cycle to complete). With that, you get a true net profit (such as you can have in backtesting in MetaTrader).

I have checked it, and last trade was closed because of margin call.

With this EA we need really huge deposit

krall:
I have checked it, and last trade was closed because of margin call. With this EA we need really huge deposit

Maybe post your detailed summary so i can take a look at it.

Thanx,

Graham

One more example with GBPUSD 1H, without stop loss.

This time deposit 50000$

2005.09.12 buy for 1.8356 and this order is still open till now. So we need gigantic acount and nerves of steel...

Reason: