GoldWarrior02b - page 21

ok That's good to know I will watch the weeklies...Thanks ND

newdigital:
I am testing EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCAD. with original version. The original version and your version should be the same concerning the entry. Only may be different is the broker data.

I am testing this original version since january 2006 with same settings on the same account. Please find updated statements.

This EA is having small drawdown (3 or 4 % only) with 50,000 initial deposit size. And as you see this original version is openning 0.1 and 0.3 lot sizes. And profit factor for this original version is 1.14 (EURUSD), 1.37 (GBPUSD) and 1.15 (USDCAD). This EA is profitable of course:

EURUSD: pips this week 220; pips in total 2014.

GBPUSD: pips this week -90; pips in total 1348.

USDCAD: pips this week -131; pips in total 538.

But many people requested to use this EA with permanent lot size https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173370/page14 and if you look at the satements attached so you will understand why: the profit factor for new version with permanent lot size may be more than 1.40 with drawdown as around 4 or 5% for 50,000 deposit size.

Files:

If your tests revealed a max of 3 or 4% DD, then why can't a smaller account size be used on the version you have forward tested for nearly two years? Why was there microwarrior now?

You must excuse my naive question...I am new to this method (only one week) and I do not understand how it trades yet. It must need the 50K because it places a lot of trades? no? ...I do not see that at all...It takes a long time to trade thus far...

ES

newdigital:
I am testing this original version since january 2006 with same settings on the same account. Please find updated statements.

This EA is having small drawdown (3 or 4 % only) with 50,000 initial deposit size. And as you see this original version is openning 0.1 and 0.3 lot sizes. And profit factor for this original version is 1.14 (EURUSD), 1.37 (GBPUSD) and 1.15 (USDCAD). This EA is profitable of course:

EURUSD: pips this week 220; pips in total 2014.

GBPUSD: pips this week -90; pips in total 1348.

USDCAD: pips this week -131; pips in total 538.
But many people requested to use this EA with permanent lot size https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173370/page14 and if you look at the satements attached so you will understand why: the profit factor for new version with permanent lot size may be more than 1.40 with drawdown as around 4 or 5% for 50,000 deposit size.

You may see by yourself from the statement.

For example this file:

total_dollars_gbpusd (see attachments on the post above).

it is written:

Max drawdown: 1863.04 (3.62%)

So, it means 1863 dollars.

It is for 0.1/0.3 lot size (North Finance broker)

But please note that it is original version. If you plan to use IBFX version (GoldWarrior02b.3) with same lot size so it will be less then 1863 for example. But it will be more than 500 and more than 800 exactly! But I don't think that you will use same lot size as I am using with Alpari rus and North Finance.

Please also note that it is drawdown since January 2006 so it is statistics for the about 2 years.

Some people said that 0.1 is 0.01 for IBFX ... or 0.01 as 0.1 ...I have no idea ...

Anyway if you have 1,000 dollars on deposit so you should trade the lot size less than North Finance's 0.1 lot.

...you know what I can learn from this? I can ask myself the question...how would I "emotionally hold up" during that drawdown...would I keep the system? I think many traders move on and not stick with it.

Since there is not any MM and it is a fixed lotsize I can see from the statements that you are correct ND.

I am testing with 0.01 lotsize on 1K...but I think I can increase to 0.03....is there any other changes to the inputs or the code I need to make? I am using the defaults on four pair.

ES

newdigital:
You may see by yourself from the statement.

For example this file:

total_dollars_gbpusd (see attachments on the post above).

it is written:

Max drawdown: 1863.04 (3.62%)

So, it means 1863 dollars.

It is for 0.1/0.3 lot size (North Finance broker)

But please note that it is original version. If you plan to use IBFX version (GoldWarrior02b.3) with same lot size so it will be less then 1863 for example. But it will be more than 500 and more than 800 exactly! But I don't think that you will use same lot size as I am using with Alpari rus and North Finance.

Please also note that it is drawdown since January 2006 so it is statistics for the about 2 years.

Some people said that 0.1 is 0.01 for IBFX ... or 0.01 as 0.1 ...I have no idea ...

Anyway if you have 1,000 dollars on deposit so you should trade the lot size less than North Finance's 0.1 lot.

I am having stop loss =100 and take profit = 150.

And use different magic number for different pair.

Try to backtest with your lot size and with your broker to see how EA is openning the order.

And test on demo first and compare your IBFX demo results with my North Finance results. It should be diferent but not so much.

And try to analyze the trades from the statements. because sometimes this EA is trading like this:

EA is openning the trade with 0.1 lot and if the price is going to opposite direction so EA is openning the other trade with 0.3 for opposite direction and both are closing almost simultamiously. Sometimes.

In case of IBFX version it will be permanent lot size: 0.1 and the other 0.1, or 0.03 and the other 0.03.

Just for the history.

This EA was coded by Tartan long time ago for Metatrader 3 (Metatrader 4 did not exist in that time). Then Beluck converted it for MT4 and slightly improved. And then I attached this EA to the chart in January 2006.

But author (Tartan) suggested to trade with stop loss = 1000 and lot sizes 0.1 and 3. I only changed stop loss to 100 and k1/k2 to trade as 0.1/0.3 lot size. It was in january 2006.

There are the other EA from Tartan for very small deposit size based on zigzag as well (for example: 800 dollars trading by 0.1 lot size). But this EA was not converted for MT4 yet.

The other thing to look at the statement is Max consecutive loss.

For EURUSD it is 5 losses totally -500 pips.

But please note also that it is since January 2006. I mean that every EA forward testing with same setting on the same account during the 2 years will have something as Max consecutive loss 5 or 6 at least once per 2 year. But anyway we mst know it.

What should K1/K2 be on MicroWarrior? it defaults to 3 and 6....can I enter 0.01 and 0.03 there? (or do decimals not work...would it be 1 and 3?)

k1/k2 to trade as 0.1/0.3 lot size. It was in january 2006.

K1 =3 and K2 =6 for original version for 0.1/0.3.

With your GoldWarrior02b.3 version it will open the permanent lot size. But I did not try ... (I am doing forex calendar for the next week now so sorry) ...

You can use original version but in this case you must change this part of the code:

if (sbo==0 && AccountBalance()<2000) {

if (!IsTesting()) Comment("For normal work you must have 2000$ on your account");

return(0);

Change 2000 to 200 for example.

Last time original version did not trade with you because of this 2000 dollars limitation I trhink.

There are the good way to check the settings backtesting. backtest with your deposit size and with your settings to see the lot size for order to be opened and so on. When I want to see how EA will open the order, lot size, to know MM, initial lot size for MM and so on - so I am backtesting.

If EA is openning the orders (lot size and so on) on the way you want to it must work in forward testing as well.

Is it possible to get k1 and k2 to work in microwarrior? Then the EA can work as it was intended just with smaller lotsize.

I am testing with 0.01 on IBFX...but would like the k2 value...

This is very slow going....

ES

Reason: