Fractal indicator - page 2

endo77:
Fractals repaint by design. You can't to use them as reversal signals. According to Bill Williams books, you're supposed to enter when price breaks through the level where a fractal has previously formed. Similar to a 1-2-3 entry. Also, some chartists consider trendlines drawn with fractals as touchpoints to be more significant.

Linuxer's point - indicator didn't showd fractal when it should (late updating, not refreshing - ind. tecnical isse)

(ind- mtf fractal, was suppose to show exactly same H4 fractal on h1 chart at the same moment it appeared on h4)

could be problem with fractal's nature bars (repainting) - fractal h4 on h1 would take extra 8bars to set (Close on h4 : i-8 on h1) or even (i+6+2)*tf/period:

dCurrent<Low && dCurrent<Low && dCurrent<Low)

endo77:
Fractals repaint by design. You can't to use them as reversal signals. According to Bill Williams books, you're supposed to enter when price breaks through the level where a fractal has previously formed. Similar to a 1-2-3 entry. Also, some chartists consider trendlines drawn with fractals as touchpoints to be more significant.
fxbs:
Linuxer's point - indicator didn't showd fractal when it should (late updating, not refreshing - ind. tecnical isse)

(ind- mtf fractal, was suppose to show exactly same H4 fractal on h1 chart at the same moment it appeared on h4)

could be problem with fractal's nature bars (repainting) - fractal h4 on h1 would take extra 8bars to set (Close on h4 : i-8 on h1) or even (i+6+2)*tf/period:

dCurrent<Low && dCurrent<Low && dCurrent<Low)

Guys, the post is three years old. I was starting to code on that days .

But I still remembers the loss...

oh...dem

btw. did updating issue was solved on mtf fractals?

EA incorporation

How do I include fractals into an ea I'm building? For instance, when given a down signal on H4, confirmed on M15, create a buy order?

snkpool:
How do I include fractals into an ea I'm building? For instance, when given a down signal on H4, confirmed on M15, create a buy order?

The easiest way is to use ifractals

double iFractals( string symbol, int timeframe, int mode, int shift)

Calculates the Fractals and returns its value.

Fractal price, author Yuriy Tokman. Source from Fractals_Price - MQL4 Code Base

Files:

thnx matfx for posting this indicator,

but on my ibfx there are certain places where there is no price label.

can anybody fix this ?

thnx

Files:

EA incorporation - reply

Hi, guys, it is great having your helping around (newdigital...)

snkpool

if still interested

there is NSWave EA from smjones on other forum (I do not know if allowed to post links), in Using Fractals Profitably thread.

I did some (begginers) modification, I find it very usefull.

Have fun,

Simon

can same one teach me how to use indicator Fractal? TQ

prasxz:
The rules to identify Fractals are:

* Bearish Fractal: It happens when there is a fractal figure with a Candlestick in between that has the maximum top and two maximum lows to each side.

* Bullish Fractal: It happens when there is a fractal figure with a Candlestick in between that has a minimum low and two minimum tops to each side.

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

tq

Reason: