How to use volume indicator - page 4

DeadEye96:
Is volume the number of contracts executed during the bar for the broker or market-wide? Is the volume "tick-based" and a real count or is it an estimate by MT4? Is there any way to capture the lot size of market-wide contracts? Can anyone direct me to a good source of information on market volume statistics or reports and how meaningful/reliable the numbers are as reported by MT4?

Any help or redirection would be greatly appeciated

Thanks......DeadEye96

I do know that it is not market-wide, like stocks, it is only specific to your broker's customer trading activity. I believe it is usually a real tick-based count. I've read some discussions relative to your other questions on the forum, but I don't recall where they might have been. I think if you Googled "Forex Volume" you would find a number of sources.

I've never read of the necessity for volume considerations by any professional traders on this forum or others I am acquainted with, I don't know how relevant it may be.

There are others here much more knowledgeable on the subject.

The volume on MT4 is simply the number of ticks during that bar.

If you want to get a view of what volumes are of longs and shorts, you can check out Oanda's customers open trades and pending orders to see where the weight is leaning: OANDA FXTrade - Trading Resources

Again, this is all of Oanda's customers, but not the entire market. I don't think the average person is able to see such information as the entire market. If I am wrong, someone point me to the resource, but I don't think it is available.

Volume limit

Why now, in backtest error 131if lot >5, logfile;

23:12:49 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 441 at 2007.09.14 17:00 exceeded)

23:12:49 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 266 at 2007.09.14 21:00 exceeded)

23:12:49 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 266 at 2007.09.14 21:00 exceeded)

Thanks

Not sure. I got this one when calling a custom indicator:

unknown subwindow number -1 for ObjectCreate function

Anybody have this one before?

After verification

Now with FXDD with backtest no trademore 5 lot in position and max 3 position, before when bakctest with MM trade more lots, no limit, another broker limit noumber position and lots???

Volume Indicators

I'm looking for any indicators that use volume in their calculation.

Thanks in advance

Volume measuring and interpretation

Hi,

do any trader out there help out. Though as a newbie I am trying to set up a system but the efficiency depends on volume and an interpretation of it as related to price action.

Anyone with good interpretation to help out.

This forum has gear me into action to create a working system but still need the volume interpretation in my readings.

I am grateful to the moderator and the traders in this forum for wonderful threads I have seen so far.

olorunloniemi:
Hi,

do any trader out there help out. Though as a newbie I am trying to set up a system but the efficiency depends on volume and an interpretation of it as related to price action.

Anyone with good interpretation to help out.

This forum has gear me into action to create a working system but still need the volume interpretation in my readings.

I am grateful to the moderator and the traders in this forum for wonderful threads I have seen so far.

Just moved our post to this thread about volume.

Also you can look at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177158

Is there any Volume by Price indicator available?

In stock market the volume by price indicator is good tool to study the resistance/support. I guess FX should be the same. Since mt4 has volume indicator, it should be reasonable to have a volume by price indicator as well.

Peter_Pan:
In stock market the volume by price indicator is good tool to study the resistance/support. I guess FX should be the same. Since mt4 has volume indicator, it should be reasonable to have a volume by price indicator as well.

Real Volume does not exist on MT4 data, The volume is a synthetic data generated in the MT4 server, I don't know the exact formula the MT server use, but is something like the tick count in a predetermined period of time. Not real volume.

Without a centralized exchange for spot transactions, nobody knows the real volume.

Reason: