ACD method

Has anyone looked at the ACD method in the book by Mark B. Fisher ?

is there any MT4 code here for it ?

Thanks

Lots of stuff. I got these from another forum. Just delete the "txt extension and they will work fine. Just the way I cut and paste them. Too lazy to change now.

HTH

Files:

Hi Carioca

I have just bought the book for Xmas so have yet to start reading it although I believe that the system does work.

Do you have any comments, advice or further info that would help me?

regards and thankyou for the files

B

The system is very good. But I am in the paciffic time zone and still have a job so I can not stay up all night to trade. Here is some notes I put together from other forum.

HTH

Files:
acd_system.zip  429 kb

Carioca:

Thanks much for sharing. I'm also on west coast. Can you tell me the forum where you found this?

Thanx,

Thru

3 day rolling pivot range - ACD method related

Hi guys,

I've got this 3 day rolling pivot (attached), could a kind soul show me where in the code I can change the number of days it rolls for? - for example I'd like the option to change it to 5 days or even 30 days.

Also, it works out the correct pivot range on the 60 min and below charts, but not on the 4HR - any ideas? It's not major, I'd just like to understand why....

cheers

Tim

Files:

Sushi roll indicator - ACD method

Hi,

I use the ACD method as part as my system and within it there's a trade called the "sushi roll". It's basically a reversal trade or a signal to get out if the signal is in the opposite direction to your current trade.

For a long - if the high of the previous 5 bars is taken out, then within 5 or 6 more bars from the high the low of those 5 bars is taken out, then it's a sell.

It's probably best shown with a chart and as fate would have it, USDCHF has just made two on the 60min chart. Is there an easy way to code this, say numbering the previous bars then providing an alert of some sort when the sushi roll criteria is met?

Files:
sushi_roll1.gif  19 kb

www.strategybuilderfx.com

also is a big thread from where you can learn more about ACD

What is the ACD_4 about? Is it the pivot moving averages?

I have heard a lot of good things regarding the sushi roll pattern formation. Supposedly it does not occur that often, but when it does occur... There is usually a very good possibility of it being a real move and not a false signal.

There is more information discussed here at Investopedia.

Sushi Roll

Perhaps a seasoned programmer would be able to create and Indicator that could find these opportunities?

Bought the book even before I came across this thread, just bookmarking for future reference.

Reason: