Moving Average - page 33

Hercs
Hercs  

Adjusted MADistance...........

ND, I am not a coder by any means, but managed to get this indicator to do what I want it to do. I changed the Printed Information so that it is shorter in the first place and moved it across the the Right hand side of my candles so that I can see the information at a glance.

It seems pretty accurate, but if someone finds something in it that is wrong, please let me also know.

Appreciate your help.

I apologise for the large screen-print, but I cannot get it smaller and still the same effect.

Files:
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
tcl:
Dear NewDigital, can you help me with my question down here ...?? please... I realy need your help... thanks..

Can not do anything with ex4 file sorry (it should be mq4 file). Besides, I am not a coder so ...

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

If you need a MACD that works like the "realMACD" you can find them here on TSD as source (all you are looking for is a MACD that calculates signal line as EMA not SMA - among others here is one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page5)

If you want to make MACD purely using MAs (without making a separate indicator), you can not :

1. MACD is FastEMA-SlowEMA (you can not make metatrader draw just the difference without coding it in an indicator)

2. Signal line is EMA of MACD

3. Osma is MACD-Signal (the same as for MACD)

btw: there seems to be a problem with the realMACD. If someone can figure out what values are shown with yellow bars that would be great, because those values have no logic at all (they look like OSMA but those values for sure are not OSMA)

tcl:

Dear all,

attached here the indi (realMACD.ex4) and when I see in the Inputs Variable there are the info:

- FastMAPeriod = 12

- SlowMAPeriod = 26

- SignalMAPeriod = 9

can anyone here help me do the samething (I mean can I get the same line - blue and red ?) with Moving Average (the standart indicator in metatrader) ??

- MA Period ?

- Shift ?

- MA Method ?

- Apply to ?

thanks for the attention

Files:
tcl
tcl  

:)

mladen:
If you need a MACD that works like the "realMACD" you can find them here on TSD as source (all you are looking for is a MACD that calculates signal line as EMA not SMA - among others here is one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page5)

If you want to make MACD purely using MAs (without making a separate indicator), you can not :

1. MACD is FastEMA-SlowEMA (you can not make metatrader draw just the difference without coding it in an indicator)

2. Signal line is EMA of MACD

3. Osma is MACD-Signal (the same as for MACD)

btw: there seems to be a problem with the realMACD. If someone can figure out what values are shown with yellow bars that would be great, because those values have no logic at all (they look like OSMA but those values for sure are not OSMA)
newdigital:
Can not do anything with ex4 file sorry (it should be mq4 file). Besides, I am not a coder so ...

wow.. I'm so greatfull that 2 master here (mladen and newdigital) give an attention to me

newdigital:

I tried to find the mq4, and I got it and attached here, pls take a look...

thanks.

mladen:

actually I just need to know how we can draw a same lines (the red and blue line in realMACD) with standart MA indicator from metatrader terminal ?

thanks.

Files:
realmacd.mq4 4 kb
fxbs
fxbs  

if translate in English - what does this mean :

alpha = 2.0 / (SignalMAPeriod + 1.0);

alpha_1 = 1.0 - alpha;

MACDLineBuffer = iMA(NULL,0,FastMAPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i) - iMA(NULL,0,SlowMAPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);

SignalLineBuffer = alpha*MACDLineBuffer + alpha_1*SignalLineBuffer;

HistogramBuffer = (MACDLineBuffer - SignalLineBuffer) * 2;

tcl
tcl  
fxbs:
if translate in English - what does this mean :

alpha = 2.0 / (SignalMAPeriod + 1.0);

alpha_1 = 1.0 - alpha;

MACDLineBuffer = iMA(NULL,0,FastMAPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i) - iMA(NULL,0,SlowMAPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);

SignalLineBuffer = alpha*MACDLineBuffer + alpha_1*SignalLineBuffer;

HistogramBuffer = (MACDLineBuffer - SignalLineBuffer) * 2;

shame on me....

fxbs !!!

I just a newbie with mq4 programming, need to learn more.... he...he..he..

thanks FXBS, you are the best !!!

fxbs
fxbs  

don't worry - i had(have) no idea myself too

it's kinda :

void ema()

pr=2.0/(MA_Period+1); ....

ExtMapBuffer[pos+1]=Close[pos+1];.....

ExtMapBuffer[pos]=Close[pos]*pr+ExtMapBuffer[pos+1]*(1-pr);

fxbs
fxbs  

see his decimals- and his osma multiplier was set to *2 - that was giving "wierd" numbers

Files:
tcl
tcl  
fxbs:
see his decimals- and his osma multiplier was set to *2 - that was giving "wierd" numbers

but they get the same result ...

lleh
lleh  

BIAS indicator

Hi, guys, attached is an indicator named "BIAS" which indicates the distance between a designated EMA and the current price. I would appreciate if someone can help me to convert it to a colored bar indicator as the EMAAngle in the attached pic!

Thanks a lot!!

Files:
ej.gif 43 kb
bias.mq4 3 kb