How to code? - page 285

hi Beno

maybe write what error code do you receive?

regards

oromek

Beno:
Gidday

I am trying to set up an EA that will work on an ECN, I understand the the SL and TP have to be placed / modified and I think the set up is correct, the order opens now but the SL is not placed extern double StopLoss = 100; any help would be great.

Try this:

throw away this:

SL = DoubleRound(SL, MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKSIZE));

OrderModify(ticket, OrderOpenPrice(), SL, 0, Blue)

Beno:
Gidday

I am trying to set up an EA that will work on an ECN, I understand the the SL and TP have to be placed / modified and I think the set up is correct, the order opens now but the SL is not placed extern double StopLoss = 100; any help would be great.

//round to nearest Tickvalue

SL = DoubleRound(SL, MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKSIZE));

I use

SL = NormalizeDouble(SL, Digits);

and have not had any problems.

Robert

Need arrows on chart

Need some help here. Can some one program an on chart arrows signal for this indicator so that we are alerted when there is a zero cross, in a more visual manner.

Thanks!!

trendalt_alert.mq4

[lang=tr]Hi all

Can anybody help me?

The problem is that it not refreshes automatically.Thank you i have taka care of[/lang]

Files:
fama.mq4  4 kb

It is Kaufmans ama but with some other errors, not just refreshing, and with addition of a filter.

You should look for ama or kama indicator (it is frequently named like that) There are correctly coded Kaufman ama indicators, you should use one of those

cedid:
[lang=tr]Hi all

Can anybody help me?

The problem is that it not refreshes automatically.Thank you i have taka care of[/lang]

mladen:
It is Kaufmans ama but with some other errors, not just refreshing, and with addition of a filter. You should look for ama or kama indicator (it is frequently named like that) There are correctly coded Kaufman ama indicators, you should use one of those

[lang=tr]thank you for your advise mladen..i solved the problem [/lang]

Looking for way to stop text being accidentally dragged or responding to mouse click

Hello !

Coding solution required.

I have an indicator that places text below SL & TP lines that when dragged modify the relevant values.

Text is placed via the usual ObjectSetText(Mytxtobj, etc);

Sometimes the text is accidentally clicked and dragged instead of the line.

I am looking for a means that prevents the text from being dragged - ideally to not respond to mouse click.

The text can be move as far left or right as need be so moving the text out of the the way is not the solution I am looking for.

Thanks in advance. All answers appreciated.

In metatrader 4 there is no way to prevent an object being selected and then moved or re-sized or anything similar. Only in metatrader 5 teher is a "selectable" property for objects with which one can prevent object being selected.

In metatrader the only reasonable solution is to update the position of text object on every tick (withing the start() procedure)

file45:
Hello !

Coding solution required.

I have an indicator that places text below SL & TP lines that when dragged modify the relevant values.

Text is placed via the usual

ObjectSetText(Mytxtobj, etc);

Sometimes the text is accidentally clicked and dragged instead of the line.

I am looking for a means that prevents the text from being dragged - ideally to not respond to mouse click.

The text can be move as far left or right as need be so moving the text out of the the way is not the solution I am looking for.

Thanks in advance. All answers appreciated.

Help needed for coding.

Hi I need help in coding of an indicator. I really do not know if there is a similiar one or not but what I need is as follows:

IF

The T-1 bar's (HIGH/LOW) is smaller than T-2 bar's (HIGH/LOW) AND The T-1 bar's CLOSE is lower than T-2 bar's then paint T-1 bar RED.

The T-1 bar's (HIGH/LOW) is greater than T-2 bar's (HIGH/LOW) AND The T-1 bar's CLOSE is greater than T-2 bar's then paint T-1 bar GREEN.

ELSE paint BLUE.

I am sure I look like an idiot but I have no programming skills and this is a part of a system I am working on and later I will share it.

Thanks in advance.

Reason: