CatFx50 - page 66

leutzuro:
I think in 2 or 3 week will go live I think i will go live with this system if i will learn how to exit because i cant play with many lot with 1000$ on my account.

Try to use TP and SL if U dont have a recepie for exit.

we have right now a signal on USD/CHF

I will enter on the next bar and i will close on the 5M SHI Chanel

Files:
signal.gif  16 kb

Hi all,

If I may make a suggestion. On days like this when the majors aren't moving, take a look at smaller pairs. NZD/USD is on a second day move at about 100 pips and USD/CAD is on an 80 pip move today. Just an idea.

Mookfx

leutzuro:
we have right now a signal on USD/CHF I will enter on the next bar and i will close on the 5M SHI Chanel

Inded there is a signal, but why u arent in? U should be in from 2852.

The strategy rules says that we trade from 8am to 18pm - it's after that hours, but who knows what will happen. GL2U

Files:
chf_signal.gif  11 kb

leutzuro:
we have right now a signal on USD/CHF I will enter on the next bar and i will close on the 5M SHI Chanel

Why do you enter on the next bar? Signal was given at 1.2834. We need discipline when using any trading system, it's a numbers game of higher chances to win. USD/CHF now at 1.2854 (+20 pips).

Many pips to you.

leutzuro - can I ask U what R those blue and red dots in your chart?

Files:
signal_1.gif  5 kb

Kalenzo:
Inded there is a signal, but why u arent in? U should be in from 2852. The strategy rules says that we trade from 8am to 18pm - it's after that hours, but who knows what will happen. GL2U

I think it depends on your time zone where you live, and what session you like to trade. I trade second part of the London (GMT) and the full NewYork (EST) time. I think the 8am to 18pm GMT is just a preference for people in dealing the London session, you will miss a lot of signals after 18pm. I you are awake and able to trade why not?

Just a thought.

nina:
BTW, market is very thin, but CatFx50 keeps making money: Nina

I've seen you say earlier in this thread that when the market is thin it is dangerous to trade using CatFx50. My first question is how do you gauge this aspect of the market. Do you mean volatilty and what do you use as far as indicators go. Your insight is appreciated!

Looking at the the market now 2:00 PM EST I caught a good 21 pip move trading the EUR/USD using CatFx50 System. Now at the same time the USD/CHF crossed the 50EMA and according to the system it would have been a signal for a short. However, looking at it now it would have been a terrible trade to get in. Another example is the GBP/USD at 2:30PM EST giving me a signal to buy. It only moved a few pips and went straight down.

I'm thinking about writing an EA for this system but obviously the hardest part is the exit signal. Even if we were to catch 50% of these total moves using this system you will see a profit. I just want to be able to filter out the trades that gave us a signal but were not worth getting involved since it really had no room to move. This brings me back to Nina's remark if the market was thin then it is dangerous to trade using his method. Was it thin in these two cases above?

Your thoughts. Hope these questions make sense.

Thanks.

shausmann:
Why do you enter on the next bar? Signal was given at 1.2834. We need discipline when using any trading system, it's a numbers game of higher chances to win. USD/CHF now at 1.2854 (+20 pips). Many pips to you.

The signal was on the next bar - as I wrote 2852 - and as U said "lets stick to the system rules" and the system rules say strict :

We take trade ONLY ON CLOSED BAR.

GL2U

Kalenzo:
leutzuro - can I ask U what R those blue and red dots in your chart?

SHI_SilverTrendSig

I dont use it

I just forghet on the chart:)

Reason: