CatFx50 - page 42

nina:
Right, Forexts, nice work.

But we still have missing dots and I do not know why.

Nina

Nina,

Allow me to chime in about the missed trades. It looks from Kalenzo's code and your charts that the missed trades are because the cross of StepMA_Stoch doesn't happen within 3 bars of the EMA50 cross. My suggestion may be to had 2 indicators in one. Have 2 different colors for both Buy and Sell, one for when the EMA50 crosses within 3 bars of the StepMA_Stoch cross and one for when it doesn't. That should fill in the missed cross indications.

Mookfx

mookfx:
Nina,

Allow me to chime in about the missed trades. It looks from Kalenzo's code and your charts that the missed trades are because the cross of StepMA_Stoch doesn't happen within 3 bars of the EMA50 cross. My suggestion may be to had 2 indicators in one. Have 2 different colors for both Buy and Sell, one for when the EMA50 crosses within 3 bars of the StepMA_Stoch cross and one for when it doesn't. That should fill in the missed cross indications.

Mookfx

Hi, Mookfx!

Why do we need those 3 bars?

More missing signals: eurusd was a buy at 1.2078 (13:00CET).

Muram's indicator prints a blue arrow, Kalenzo's does not.

Nina

Interested in that indicator

Shahzadfx:
Thank you nina and other folks for your contributions. Check this out and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

SFX

Hi Shahzadfx,

I am interested in checking that indicator, can you upload it here or at Downloads.

Thanks

nina:
Hi, Mookfx!

Why do we need those 3 bars?

More missing signals: eurusd was a buy at 1.2078 (13:00CET).

Muram's indicator prints a blue arrow, Kalenzo's does not.

Nina

I think there is some confusion over whether the cross of StepMA_Stoch has to happen in close proximity to the EMA50 cross or not. As I understand your rules, the StepMA_Stoch only needs to be in the same direction as the EMA50 cross. If the cross of StepMA_Stoch happens in close proximity to the EMA50 cross, it only means that the cross is a stronger signal and more valid than if the 2 crosses are further apart. I believe that some of the other contributors are getting confused about this point.

Mookfx

mookfx:
I think there is some confusion over whether the cross of StepMA_Stoch has to happen in close proximity to the EMA50 cross or not. As I understand your rules, the StepMA_Stoch only needs to be in the same direction as the EMA50 cross. If the cross of StepMA_Stoch happens in close proximity to the EMA50 cross, it only means that the cross is a stronger signal and more valid than if the 2 crosses are further apart. I believe that some of the other contributors are getting confused about this point. Mookfx

Hi, Mookfx!

You are right.

For instance, today on Cable we had a cross up on StepMa_Stoch at 15:30. But Cable did not open above EMA50. So, no trade. At 16:00, the same: yellow line was above blue one, but price did not open above EMA50. At 16:30, the same. At 17:00, it closed above. At 17:30, opened above with StepMA_Stoch in bullish mode. So, time to go long at 1.7611. Made a high at

1.7668. A shot of 57 pips. (Mig).

Nina

billm:
Hi, I'm throwing this out to the group for discussion and evaluation. This 30min chart has 3 ema's on it.

1) 50 ema of Close

2) 50 ema of High

3) 50 ema of Low

see what you think

Bill,

It's the wave by Raghee Horner, she has a book written around this except she uses 34 ma (I believe linear weighted).

cs

Mookfx!

Can you post your indicator again?

Thank you!

Nina

nina:
Hi, mates!!

Today's recap so far (18:25CET):

EURUSD, bought at 1.2077 (13:00CET). Made a high at 1.2143. +66 pips.

USDCHF, sold at 1.2793 (13:30CET). Made a low at 1.2716. +77 pips.

GBPUSD, bought at 1.7614 (17:30CET). Made a high at 1.7667. +53pips.

TOTAL= +196 pips.

For the week = +415pips.[/B]

Nina

Good luck.

See you tomorrow!!

Nina

Latest Indicator

Hi Muram, Hi Nina,

which once are the latest indicators?

Many Pips to all.

Hi,

Please tweak "confirm_StepMA_Bars" and "confirm_EMA_Bars" as you wish.

Thanks for Kalenzo.

Files:
catfx50_2.mq4  7 kb
001.jpg  170 kb
Reason: