Icwr - page 6

Kent:
>>>>

I read the book/manual and tried this indicator with some live trades. (Original ICWR version ).

My question to those who use/trade with this indicator.

If after entering a trade do you keep the stop at the same level till it hit by the stop level (hard stop of 50). Or get out at reversal signal.

I entered for long at USD/JPY 116.50 and got out at +46 when I got a reversal signal. But If I had stayed with the same level of stop loss I would be in trade still Now USD/JPY is above 118.00.

So it is better to get reversed or keep the stop at same level. I know the manual says we should not trail the stops. I reentered again at 117.25 and it reveresed and got out with 5 pips.

Anyone who use/trade this indicator? Can you explain what I am doing wrong or I am going by the rules.

Thanks in advance.

Kent.

Kent,

Please take a look at the the following ICWR thread: http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15924

Thank you,

Jorge

Kent:
>>>>

I read the book/manual and tried this indicator with some live trades. (Original ICWR version ).

My question to those who use/trade with this indicator.

If after entering a trade do you keep the stop at the same level till it hit by the stop level (hard stop of 50). Or get out at reversal signal.

I entered for long at USD/JPY 116.50 and got out at +46 when I got a reversal signal. But If I had stayed with the same level of stop loss I would be in trade still Now USD/JPY is above 118.00.

So it is better to get reversed or keep the stop at same level. I know the manual says we should not trail the stops. I reentered again at 117.25 and it reveresed and got out with 5 pips.

Anyone who use/trade this indicator? Can you explain what I am doing wrong or I am going by the rules.

Thanks in advance.

Kent.

Kent,

Hard stop of 50 pips.

TimeFreedom:
Kent, Hard stop of 50 pips.

Thanks a lot TimeFreedom for your time/reply. I will go thru that entire posts. Very interesting indicator indeed. I think it does give good pips when u catch a trend.

Kent.

Time zones added to Alex's indicator

ligerny:
Hey i've read the whole icwr trading technique, anyone here try it and with what results ?

some results attached...

Files:
icwr_6.gif  6 kb
icwr.htm  25 kb

Alex.Piech.FinGeR:
you will Pattern indicator butterfly... for MT4 ?

i try

--------

new Update beta 5

i have fixed Bug refresh erase problem and RSI daliy periode

--

@RickyD

That is to have the fib values in the chart shift area. To some degree a mute point with the boxes but I would still really appreciate them if it would not be a lot of extra work.

not understand sorry my english is bad you will FIB value (numbers) on Chart shift area. ?

---@sailor

custom timeframe switch ( selectable timeframe to look at on all periods)

not understand sorry my english is bad

example: you will ICWR- Indicator calc. M5 on H1 Time Periode chart ?

--

sorry my bad english good is if explain with Image

regards

Alex

Alex,

Your latest ICWR Beta 5 Indicator is working perfectly. CPU level is extremely high. Not sure what could cause this since the previous versions did not have this problem. May have something to do with your last update which allowed the indicator to refresh. Please take a look when you get a chance. Your time is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Alex,

Your latest ICWR Beta 5 Indicator is working perfectly. CPU level is extremely high. Not sure what could cause this since the previous versions did not have this problem. May have something to do with your last update which allowed the indicator to refresh. Please take a look when you get a chance. Your time is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

TimeFreedom

Alex, your work is fantastic, I love the indicator and have been using it every day.

TimeFreedom made a comment about CPU level high, I have noticed this too but also wanted to point out that it is writing a log file at an alarming speed, due to some small bug in the code.

The log file i am referring to is in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\logs

I have the indicator on 10 charts- 5 5min charts and 5 4hr charts.

My log file reaches 100megabytes in about 5 minutes. I let it go one time tonight for about an hr and it was 900 megabytes.

Here is a sample from the log:

19:57:52 Gann-ICWR v0.1.1 beta5 GBPUSD,M5: invalid integer number as parameter 2 for ObjectSetFiboDescription function

19:57:52 Gann-ICWR v0.1.1 beta5 GBPUSD,M5: text parameter for ObjectSetFiboDescription function must be a string

19:57:52 Gann-ICWR v0.1.1 beta5 GBPUSD,M5: invalid integer number as parameter 2 for ObjectSetFiboDescription function

19:57:52 Gann-ICWR v0.1.1 beta5 GBPUSD,M5: text parameter for ObjectSetFiboDescription function must be a string

In just 1 second (19:57:52) I have 23 pages of the above text for every chart. I have 10 charts, so my log file is writing 230 pages of text every second.

I beleive that is the high CPU problem.

Alex, tell me what you think about this, and thanks for your hard work

Time Zones

Foreverold:
Time zones added to Alex's indicator

Foreverold,

The time zones don't refresh, is there a way to correct this? I appreciate your addition, thanks!

Ricky D

Hello sorry but I have just little time

--

ICWR indicators links

Hi,

Can anyone give me a good download for this ICWR indicator we seem to be having a problem installing it.

Gann-ICWRv01withtime

Thanks Again

1f4

Reason: