MT4 Files Functions Replacement. - page 5

Netcomm source code attached. if anyone would like to try compiling and calling function, please let me know how it goes.

Files:
netcomm.zip  621 kb

Anyone???

Has anyone had a chance to look at this? Unfortunately, I'm not a C++ programmer, and don't have easy access to a compiler. Am I the only one that thinks winsock functions would be very useful to have from Meta Trader?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

tworkman:
Has anyone had a chance to look at this? Unfortunately, I'm not a C++ programmer, and don't have easy access to a compiler. Am I the only one that thinks winsock functions would be very useful to have from Meta Trader? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

hi tworkman,

these winsock features would be really great.

i found these posts just today.

if i'll have enough time i will do test compiling on vc++.

if you don't have vc++ you can download the express edition for free here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/

Did you have any success compiling this code lomme?

tworkman:
Did you have any success compiling this code lomme?

dude, i downloaded your source code and got it to build (after making a couple of modifications).

i'm also very interested in making a psuedo API for MT4. because i currently trade using the MT3 API..... which my broker may stop supporting

i've been keeping an eye on this thread to see if codersguru gets around to doing this MT4 API thing. but i have a feeling that it ain't going to happen anytime soon... so, thinking of getting a start now.

Please tell me more. Can you send me the modifications you made? I'd really like to know what we were missing. Thanks.

tworkman:
Please tell me more. Can you send me the modifications you made? I'd really like to know what we were missing. Thanks.

tworkman,

Could you refresh my memory and tell me exactly what do you want?

codersguru:
tworkman, Could you refresh my memory and tell me exactly what do you want?

Sorry, that request was for qwerty156 asking if he could send me the modifications he made to the source code I posted a while back. This is regarding the winsock functions.

tworkman:

actually, i just tried it with VC++6 and it worked fine as is. Previously i had it open in VC++8 and it wouldn't work unless i made the following changes:

in sockipc.h, the line

extern char *sys_errlist[];

was replaced with

extern char **sys_errlist;

and then in netcomm.cpp, the lines:

#include "winsock.h"

#include "iostream.h"

need to be changed to

#include

#include

you also need the following after those includes:

using namespace std;