MT4 Files Functions Replacement. - page 2

dll import problems

Hi guys,

I see you by your words you're very good with these things

and I hope you can give me a hand with my dll import problem.

I did exactly as codersguru explained with the filehandler dll.

I have the .ex4 file in the indicators directory. In the .ex4 there's an include to a file(.mqh) in the include directory which has an #import statement within to a dll in the libraries directory.

Dll is loaded but as soon as i drag the indicator in the chart I read in the expert tab of strategy builder: cannot call function functionname from dll ' dllname.dll'

I tested the dll from an .exe and all the function are running but within the .ex4 i can't find a way.I'm sure I'm missing something but I really don't know what. what could it be?

Thank you

There's something wrong in dll code.

gnrslash:
Hi guys,

I see you by your words you're very good with these things

and I hope you can give me a hand with my dll import problem.

I did exactly as codersguru explained with the filehandler dll.

I have the .ex4 file in the indicators directory. In the .ex4 there's an include to a file(.mqh) in the include directory which has an #import statement within to a dll in the libraries directory.

Dll is loaded but as soon as i drag the indicator in the chart I read in the expert tab of strategy builder: cannot call function functionname from dll ' dllname.dll'

I tested the dll from an .exe and all the function are running but within the .ex4 i can't find a way.I'm sure I'm missing something but I really don't know what. what could it be?

Thank you

gnrslash,

If you enbabled "Allow DLL Import" option and still getting the message "cannot call function functionnamefrom dll dllname.dll" it means there's something wrong in dll code.

Could I see the source code of the dll?

Sure.

Sure you can.

btw the "Allow dll import is checked"

Where can i send you?

Pm your email if you want

Thank you

gnrslash:
Sure you can.

btw the "Allow dll import is checked"

Where can i send you?

Pm your email if you want

Thank you

codersguru at gmail

codersguru:
codersguru at gmail

email sent. Thank you

You're welcome!

gnrslash:
email sent. Thank you

You're welcome!

Received and I'll check it.

Visual basic dosen't create a standard dll.

gnrslash:
email sent. Thank you

gnrslash,

The problem is Visual basic dosen't create a standarddll.

Please review this article:

http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_make_standard_dll.html

I've made the dll for you and I'll send it to your email now (I didn't test it yet in MQL4, please test it and tell me the result).

codersguru:
gnrslash,

The problem is Visual basic dosen't create a standarddll.

Please review this article:

http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_make_standard_dll.html

I've made the dll for you and I'll send it to your email now (I didn't test it yet in MQL4, please test it and tell me the result).

I'd have bet something like this.

anyway, I didn't receive your email. I guess mail server blocks that kind of attachment. try to zip and resend. thank you again

gmail attachment problem.

gnrslash:
I'd have bet something like this. anyway, I didn't receive your email. I guess mail server blocks that kind of attachment. try to zip and resend. thank you again

Check your mail, if have not got them could I upload the dll and the visual basic calling example here?

codersguru:
Check your mail, if have not got them could I upload the dll and the visual basic calling example here?

I got it,

unfortunately the dll you sent me make strategybuilder crash.

more I tried to change the linker as explained but it returns a file not found error. sob

Files:
crash.gif  26 kb
Reason: