Bulls Power Bears Power and Accelerator

I am using this method to catch only big moves. It works well but needs some tweaking espescially for exit. 30 Min and 1 Hr time frames are suitable.

Indicator Setup

Bullspower default setting (13)

Bears Powerdefault setting (13)

Accelerator default setting

Buy Rules

Bulls Power increasing and greater than last bar

Bears power >= 0

Accelerator > 0 and greater than last bar

Sell Rules

Bears Power decreasing and less than last bar

Bulls power <= 0

Accelerator < 0 and less than last bar

Exit

Long Exit: When bulls power and Acccelerator decreases for 2 successive bars.

Short Exit: When bears power and Acccelerator increases for 2 successive bars.

EA in MQL3

I am using this EA in Metatrader 3. Can someone convert it to MQL4.

Files:
bbac_v1.0.mql  7 kb

Hi SASLAM

22 views and NONE THANKS.....as usual...

So, thanks for your post

and good trading.

DV

De Vinci:
Hi SASLAM

22 views and NONE THANKS.....as usual...

So, thanks for your post

and good trading.

DV

Yeah, but some of us use MT4 so his EA is somewhat incompatible with our setup, you know. Could you update it for us then?

I don't know ML4 coding, so someone else should do it, but you can trade manually in Metatrader 4. This setup works well during high volatality like after an economic release

Yes you are right. It should be tested manually first, at least on historical data. For example you open the chart and just pretend that you are trading (from 14th of November till 18th, for example). And then estimate the profit to show everybody that this strategy is ok. Or improve something in your strategy. But it is impossible to evaluate it without testing manually with some results posting here.

It is really difficult to test this idea without EA.

Files:
bba.gif  19 kb

Bull and bear

I have seen this used in conjunction with a chart, however, instead of a histogram, the trader used lines, both in the same chart.... and it was quite good at indicating swings.......

Was another program, I am not sure how you would portray the lines in Metatrader....... I guess rewrite the inidcator to plot the vales as a line

Lines

Blaiserboy:
I have seen this used in conjunction with a chart, however, instead of a histogram, the trader used lines, both in the same chart.... and it was quite good at indicating swings....... Was another program, I am not sure how you would portray the lines in Metatrader....... I guess rewrite the inidcator to plot the vales as a line

Hello Blaiserboy

you said the trader used the lines instead of histogram can you direct me where i can find such information would like to see some more .

thank you.

saslam:
I am using this method to catch only big moves. It works well but needs some tweaking espescially for exit. 30 Min and 1 Hr time frames are suitable.

Indicator Setup

Bullspower default setting (13)

Bears Powerdefault setting (13)

Accelerator default setting

Buy Rules

Bulls Power increasing and greater than last bar

Bears power >= 0

Accelerator > 0 and greater than last bar

Sell Rules

Bears Power decreasing and less than last bar

Bulls power <= 0

Accelerator < 0 and less than last bar

Exit

Long Exit: When bulls power and Acccelerator decreases for 2 successive bars.

Short Exit: When bears power and Acccelerator increases for 2 successive bars.

Thank you

I am trying to set up your suggestion on my demo account. Pardon me for sounding new because I am but which one is the accelorator indicator?

Seen Some good charts on Bulls and Bears power together with the accelerator in one

newdigital:
It is really difficult to test this idea without EA.

Seen Some good charts on Bulls and Bears power together with the accelerator in one instead of three slots on a chart. The reason why bulls and bears power are on one slot chart is that you can compare the strength of the bulls power and bear powers visually. Can anyone help me on this how I could get this done? Thanks in advance.

Reason: