Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 3

Adaptive Trend & Cycles Following Method

On the next few posts:

- we will expain about interpretation of the indicators (we did not finished yet),

- will discuss about spectral analysis or why you need your own digital filter,

- will explain about forecasting trading stratedy based on the digital filters,

- will explain about some other trading strategies,

- will understand why you are not using this digital filters in your own trading strategies (and who is using it?),

- and what to do or to improve to use it (to be the digital filters with us or not to be).

All i wanted to ask is whether it acts simply like any other overbought / oversold indicator like stochastic. And if what I see on my chart right now is exactly how it looked in realtime.

No I have just few articles in russian from different sources.

If somebody has this manual it will be very good.

Especially 'DIGITAL INDICATORS AND ISHIMOKU' etc.

But anyway I think I will continue.

Slowly and step by step (post by post).

This manual will help of course.

Besides, we have the Digital Indicators Generator (in download area), updated version with the Spectral Analyzer. All together and updated version (from author and not from finware website).

We have all the digital filters (in download area as well).

So, we have everything. We have more than this finware website has.

Main problem is not the manual which I do not have.

Main problem with this filters is that it should be different digital filters for the different pairs, timeframes, daytime etc. It is not the classic indicators which may be applied to everywhere. If you try to attach the filters to the charts and play with it you will understand what I mean. We should start to create the new filters. And it is the main goal as I see it.

I will continue my posts.

bubble:
Hi newdigital, ... but unfortunately the optimisation process to generate the parameters can take more than 24 hours and as there are several indicators that need to put through the same process it could take a very long time.

Less than 1 minutes. Just select 'Method 2' and it will be less than 1 min.

Of course this software is not the final one. I posted about this software everything here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172934

And we may find it in download area as well. The problem is that author does not speak english at all and the second problem is that he can not finish this software: he needs mathematician who may help him to create execution algorithm for the calculation of the parameters using the spectral charts.

I explained it here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173243

... Nobody replied ...

bubble:
I dont see a problem with beginning work on generating some signals as described in the manual by fin-ware after all i think people will get bored if this thread goes on for too long with no real progress..

You are right. I am doing it especially. We are more than 700 members here. I want for everybody to understand this subject. I do not think that everything will be very quickly: we have a lot to do with this filters and software etc before EAs for example. And an other reason: almost everything was posted to the forum very quickly in 1-2 month. Almost everything: indicators and so on. So what? So nothing. Nobody started to develop (except few people: programmers Alex and Beluck, and some others who produced the ideas, but few only), nobody posted any analysis of anything.

We may develop everything. But to develop we must know the history, all the stories and it may avoid us from many mistakes.

bubble:
I have designed some signals with the indicators we have and they look quite promising ,but i thought i would wait before posting to see what u have come up with ,as u are the author and administrator of this thread

bubble, do not wait for me. Just post everything here discussing with me etc, or create new thread for the 'digital' systems to be developed (you may create somewhere in MT4 discussion area). I will join and other members will join. But somebody should start.

And it should be very good if somebody starts new thread about the classical indicators: how to use it, what is the modern or recent vision and so on. Of course we may read the books. But if we are using the forum we may discuss about it with everybody.

bubble:
Although i must admit i wonder if we are flogging a dead horse as quite a lot of the russian forums have tried to use these indicators with no success thus far ,and as i understand they have been around for 3 or 4 years at least now.

It was the story when somebody created Filters' Generator and digital indicators (finware) and stoped. The other people (mostly from russian forex community) did not understand it as final products and wanted to continue the development (without money, as a hobby, because it was not money for that). But to continue the development they had to buy the products which were not final one. But they did not want to buy it and as I know they did not buy. They stated the development. They developed the finware indicators to be looked like finware indicators (it was from the beginning). Later on somebody changed developed to the original indicators and it was the same.

The same story was with Jurik indicators (see in download area). And the same story was with BrainTrading System (in download area as well). The same story with Ichimoku. And with Fibonacci/Gann was the same story. And the same story was with eASCTrend v6.0 software programe: they created ASCTrend indicators' system then updated it to Bykov Trend, then to Alter Trend, then to Silver Trend etc.

I do not think that these horses were dead already. It is our fundamental, our basis, our history.

But they stoped all the development as well: and Jurik, and digital filters, everything. I do not know the real reason. May be the development was closed to the public only. I have no idea why.

was loking forward to see what sort of information u have, about using digital filters, hope u have the time to continue posting.

i have created using the software posted here most of the indicators for GBP/$ 15 min...and was wondering if i have got them right, the combination RBCI, FTLM, RFTL looks great and should be a good confirmation of oter signals or it may be a signal on it's own.

Of course I will continue. I stoped sometimes because I am doing many things simultaneously.

This is the way I view the problem of digital filters. All IMHO of course.

My conclusion is that they are useless. At least these indicators do not have any advantage against good old moving averages. The authors used to claim the opposite however. My real time trading with this set is quite disappointing.

The indicators were designed for EURUSD 1D with reference to 1W, so 15M GBPUSD is out of question from the start. The system requires at least 100K depo for common traders. Positions are kept for weeks.

The set of rules is quite complex and requires interpretation of 7 elusive indicators each of which is characterized by direction and a slope or tilt.

If you spit on it and start using them like common MAs you'll soon be disappointed as well. They may be zero lagging as the authors claim, they are really smoothed and appealing but they are adaptive. That means they are readjusting themselves and cook history. And this problem has no solution. It's applicable to the whole set of so called adaptive indicators including jurikies. To be just, the authors never use the term "crossover" in the set of rules however it doesn't remedy the situation.

Good trading.

alp:
This is the way I view the problem of digital filters. All IMHO of course.

My conclusion is that they are useless. At least these indicators do not have any advantage against good old moving averages. The authors used to claim the opposite however. My real time trading with this set is quite disappointing.

The indicators were designed for EURUSD 1D with reference to 1W, so 15M GBPUSD is out of question from the start. The system requires at least 100K depo for common traders. Positions are kept for weeks.

The set of rules is quite complex and requires interpretation of 7 elusive indicators each of which is characterized by direction and a slope or tilt.

If you spit on it and start using them like common MAs you'll soon be disappointed as well. They may be zero lagging as the authors claim, they are really smoothed and appealing but they are adaptive. That means they are readjusting themselves and cook history. And this problem has no solution. It's applicable to the whole set of so called adaptive indicators including jurikies. To be just, the authors never use the term "crossover" in the set of rules however it doesn't remedy the situation.

Good trading.

You are right.

There are two theories:

- market is changing all the time but we do not need to create anything new. We need just use the old indicators which are the same in any market situation to draw the lines and arrows on historical data for its intrepretation (with some probability);

- Market is changing and we must be changed together with the market.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Alp, just imagine that you are military submarine from US or China. And I am an other submarine, very small one and not military at all. From Russia. How can I recognize your submarine?

Easy.

But if we have the other vessels but I want to recognaze your submarine especially? Difficult: fishes are talking between each other, and other vessels are producing the big noise, and your submarine is changing the frequency all the time ...

Digital filter will help me.

Of course the trading systems based on the filters only are not the good systems (digital filters or MACD or whatever).

But we want to understand something about the filters to use it in our trading systems. To find the way to use it.

Why not?

@alp

i don't use the hole 7 or whatever no. of at&cf indicators are...and i hardly know the rules wich they were originally creted to be traded with, i use 2 of them as a confirmation of momentum that's all..so far i haven't noticed any readjusting and i'll keep using them till i find there is something wrong or find something better

do u mind sharing any files u have with the original instructions, i'm curious in what they have to say.

Reason: