Ask! - page 68

I would say ATR

prelude:
I would say ATR

Sounds useful ....any others?

Thanks

El cid

Buffer giving me a 2147483547 number in EA. How do I handle it?

Fixed it by myself!

el cid:
Hi Folks

I am writing rules for an E A before I give it to a programmer to compile.

What indicator could I use to confirm a trend has broken out.

I am looking for an indicator who information can be input into an E A

regards

El cID

I like using OsMA for checking volatility. You can also use the momentum line of the ADX.

prelude:
Hi coder guru,

i 'm learning to program in mtq4 language using your lessons and it's a very interesting but long long way for me.

waiting to produce my own EAs (that's the ultime purpose), i test and use EA thats other talentus programmers make.

I am also a fan of the turtle method.

I found on this forum a programmer who made a very good job on an EA dedicated to the turtle method. The EA is very promising but need to be developed again but by some one who has good knowledge in programming. My problem is that the person who made this EA seem to have given up the project because he does not answer any more on the thread he initiated himelf about his EA.

So i would like you to read the thread and to have a look on the EA and tell me if you could be interested to continue the development and testing or not.

I'm currently testing it in a demo account and it's very promising in opening positions but not very good in closing them. this is the point to work on

here is the link of the said above thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175833

thanks for reading me

Regards,

Jonathan

What problem does it have with the closing of positions?

Hello, thanks for your question.

i don't know if you tried to run the EA attached to the link i gave in my previous post.

This system is quiet good when it open positions (tendancial system, so buys highs and sell lows) and we have most of the time some profit which turns quickly in a lost.

the real pb is that we want to surf the tendance and that means no target profit and large stop loss to avoid to get with noises of the market.

the person who programed the EA developed a lockinprofit which locks automatically pips according to parameters you give to this function (30% of the profit when this one is higher than 50 pip are the by default settings). But it is not suficient.

He also programmed a breakeven funtion but, seems that it does not work. (i have winning trades running now but stop loss did move to break even point).

i would need some persons to help, test, share and develop this promising EA like i try to do without real programming skills

i give an ex of trades that are good in the linked picture

Files:

Thank You, codersguru, for Your helpful answer.

I have one more question:

if(bid == 122.15)

I want to replace 122.15 by current market price.

Is there any function that determines current market price?

Thank You. Because of You, I can finally program

MQL4.

prelude:
Hello, thanks for your question.

i don't know if you tried to run the EA attached to the link i gave in my previous post.

This system is quiet good when it open positions (tendancial system, so buys highs and sell lows) and we have most of the time some profit which turns quickly in a lost.

the real pb is that we want to surf the tendance and that means no target profit and large stop loss to avoid to get with noises of the market.

the person who programed the EA developed a lockinprofit which locks automatically pips according to parameters you give to this function (30% of the profit when this one is higher than 50 pip are the by default settings). But it is not suficient.

He also programmed a breakeven funtion but, seems that it does not work. (i have winning trades running now but stop loss did move to break even point).

i would need some persons to help, test, share and develop this promising EA like i try to do without real programming skills

i give an ex of trades that are good in the linked picture

I will take a look at it when I have a chunk of free time. Not really sure when that will be though...

MQL4:
Thank You, codersguru, for Your helpful answer.

I have one more question:

if(bid == 122.15)

I want to replace 122.15 by current market price.

Is there any function that determines current market price?

Thank You. Because of You, I can finally program

MQL4.

The "Bid" and "Ask" variables are two of the easiest way to get the current price.

Thanks RyanKlefas,

I have posted a thread in "Trading Systems"(can I?), and I post my super hard MQL4 questions, would You pease mind to take a look at it often?

Thank You!

Reason: