Ask! - page 56

gdreporter:
Dear All

I have an Ea That is working well. But I think that some parameters are not optimized.

All the parameters are putted in arrays:

Array1[0] = "EURUSD";/Currency

Array2[0] = 60;//ime frame

Arra3[0]= 20;//Parameter1

Array[4]=xx;//Parameter 2

What I need is to put thoses value as extern parameter that I can optimize them in back testing.

How to procced. A sample code is highly appreciated.

You could use strings to store you extern parameters.

extern string Par1 = "20,30,40,50";

Then you'll have int arrays.

int _par1[10];

Then you need function to parse the line and store everything in _par1[] variable that will be used in your program.

I copied some code from my indicator:

int line_cnt = 0;

double params[10];

string names[10];

int parse_line(string line){

int len = StringLen(line), i = 0, startPos = 0, par = -1;

if(len < 6) return(0);

string str;

while(i <= len){

if(len == i || StringGetChar(line, i) == sep1){

par++;

str = StringSubstr(line, startPos, i-startPos);

if(par < 6) params[line_cnt][par] = StrToInteger(str);

else if(par == 6) names[line_cnt] = str;

else{

if(StringFind(str, "false") != -1) nPar[line_cnt][par-6] = 0;

else if(StringFind(str, "true") != -1) nPar[line_cnt][par-6] = 1;

else nPar[line_cnt][par-6] = StrToDouble(str);

}

i++;

startPos = i;

}

i++;

}

//nPar[line_cnt][0] = par-6;

}

which can be used this way:

parse_line("Hehe,10,203,40,5.34");

I posted this on another forum, but still have yet to figure this out:

Hi everyone. I'm trying to code a simple MTF stochastic cross indicator, but I'm having a few problems. I used Scorpion's '3 MAs Cross Arrows' indicator as the base and modified it for stochastics (thank you Scorpion!).

Basically I want to have 2 stochastics; one for the current time frame and one for the 4 hour. If the current time frame stochastic turns up and the 4 hour stochastic is turned up, an arrow will be placed. If the current time frame stochastic turns up but the 4 hour stochastic is turned down, an arrow will not be placed.

The indicator I've attatched draws the arrows, however it will draw buy arrows when the 4 hour is turned down, and vice versa. I appreciate any help!

Files:

Point ?

Can someone explain what Point means in MT4/MQL?

For example - in FX what would be the point value for EUR/USD? What about USD/JPY? Would it be .0001 for EUR and .01 for JPY?

How about index futures? What would be a point for ES, ER2, YM? .25, .10, 1?

Sorry I am trying to figure out exactly what it means by point because it seems more like it really means pip for FX or tick for futures. There is a big difference between point and tick though.

Thanks.

Hello Coder's Guru,

Just a little message to thank you for your pdf guides.

They are very helpful and well done.

Combine Indicator

Can anyone tell me how to add A 6 LWMA to this Fx Sniper

question about nonlag MA

dear forex-tsd members, I am looking for an alert that will alarm me when 2 non lag ma are going to same direction. What I have setup on my charts are 2 non lag ma made by igorad. Anyways, I have one set up to 9 and the other set to 27. when the trend changes direction the 9 changes color. The same happens with the 27. Anways. how do I get it to when they both change the same color that they alert me with a sound to let me know that the trend is getting stronger? I hope I made myself clear here. Please let me know if I didnt make myself clear enough with my explanation.

chrinist

Tricky Programming Questions

I need some help for an EA I am working on. These are the tough questions. If you know what to do for ANY of these, can you provide an example?

This is for entrys:

1. I know how to look back. How do I flag (or remember) a condition as True for the next n bars while the program looks to see if other conditions become true?

Perhaps use a counter variable, then the question becomes: How do I count forward for n bars from the current (or even an earlier) bar?

(And where in the EA do you put the counter?)

These next questions are for exits:

2. How do I set up a variable that stores the value of the highest (or lowest) High, Low, or Close since entry? It should update every time a higher (lower) value occurs. (See also next question.)

3. How do I set up a variable that stores the value of the highest High (or lowest Low), or Close, of the last n bars since entry?

//this gives you highest/lowest prices on last 10 bars starting with current(last on the graph - zero bar)

double highestPrice = High;

double lowestPrice = Low;

double highestClose = High;

How do you apply this to limit it to the bars since (and including) the entry bar, when you entered a trade less than 10 bars back? After 10 bars you would use the 10 bars.

Note: For High and Low, include the current bar: For Close, use the most recent closed bar.

4. "Bonus Question" If you are Hot today:

How do I close part of an open order, like 30 or 40%?

Thanks!

clippertm:
Hello Coder's Guru,

Just a little message to thank you for your pdf guides.

They are very helpful and well done.

Hi clippertm,

Would you please either post the link where I can get these pdf files or the files themselves here.

All the best,

N2

Reason: