Ask! - page 179

nonor73:
Hello

I don't know if I'm in the right thread for this question, but I'm looking for a function, in mql4, wich will return the length of a given string in PIXEL ?

the goal is to centered a label in a OBJ_RECTANGLE_LABEL....

Thank you

nonor73

There is no such function in mql

Instead you can switch to TEXT object and then you can use ANCHOR properties (in your case that would be ANCHOR_CENTER value for anchor property of that text object)

Dearest MLADEN,

can i open a new thread concerning indicators usage,comparatively/alternatively and as for substitute indicator....as you so many times at so many places,advises traders,use/try this one....and also so many traders when writing to each others and cross talking,they recommends and comments, use this one rather than that....so this thread will lead and help to peoples who always looking for best one alternative and substitute indicator comparatively than they have already with them,they can compare and better match their demonstrations too.at one place......i got this idea because,two day earlier i made a request (with pictures-for best understanding the question) to you in --some thing interesting post here-- thread,but was deleted,may be that request was not concerning to that thread or it was time when data was transferring to next server at new location or may be there was some thing wrong from my side in request.

in that request,i just asked you about DZ........if DZ/DDZ are COMPARATIVELY best than BANDS,channels,floating levels....as i see here in TSD and in other forums,peoples are running behind those,when DZ are more effective and promising than those (in my poor opinion)......i needs your kind expertise for guide and comments on this ,in general..........though every person have different choice and requirements according to his strategy.

regards

mntiwana

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN,

can i open a new thread concerning indicators usage,comparatively/alternatively and as for substitute indicator....as you so many times at so many places,advises traders,use/try this one....and also so many traders when writing to each others and cross talking,they recommends and comments, use this one rather than that....so this thread will lead and help to peoples who always looking for best one alternative and substitute indicator comparatively than they have already with them,they can compare and better match their demonstrations too.at one place......i got this idea because,two day earlier i made a request (with pictures-for best understanding the question) to you in --some thing interesting post here-- thread,but was deleted,may be that request was not concerning to that thread or it was time when data was transferring to next server at new location or may be there was some thing wrong from my side in request.

in that request,i just asked you about DZ........if DZ/DDZ are COMPARATIVELY best than BANDS,channels,floating levels....as i see here in TSD and in other forums,peoples are running behind those,when DZ are more effective and promising than those (in my poor opinion)......i needs your kind expertise for guide and comments on this ,in general..........though every person have different choice and requirements according to his strategy.

regards

mntiwana

mntiwana

That is a good idea. Go ahead

mladen:
mntiwana That is a good idea. Go ahead

Always Dearest MLADEN,

gracias jefe

tan amable de ustedes ..... su permiso recomendado regards

mntiwana

dear MR TOOL & Mr. MLADEN,

maybe both of u are able to code an (i guess it is easy for u to do) indicator described in the PDF.

i add an picture too for the first look.

the best would be that the alert comes up short before the second candle ends (like as a " early warning" that it will possible a good setup for the trade)

i guess the indicator should be made for each TF because of the remaining time left before the alert come up.currency_grail__my_secret_no_loss_forex_scalping_system.pdf

THANK U for ur help

cheers

tikolino2020

tikolino2020:
dear MR TOOL & Mr. MLADEN,

maybe both of u are able to code an (i guess it is easy for u to do) indicator described in the PDF.

i add an picture too for the first look.

the best would be that the alert comes up short before the second candle ends (like as a " early warning" that it will possible a good setup for the trade)

i guess the indicator should be made for each TF because of the remaining time left before the alert come up.currency_grail__my_secret_no_loss_forex_scalping_system.pdf

THANK U for ur help

cheers

tikolino2020

Tikolino, looks like it should be easy to code up something like that, but the forum should be going through a migration period to a new server shortly and some of the data and files could be lost, so will wait until the migration is complete.

mrtools:
Tikolino, looks like it should be easy to code up something like that, but the forum should be going through a migration period to a new server shortly and some of the data and files could be lost, so will wait until the migration is complete.

Mr.Tools,

nice to hear that u will do it. thank u.

another thing.........

i do have an indicator it doesnt refresh itself and if i switch to an other TF and then back i get a new signal..... it seems that the indicator repaints BUT to filter false signals we can use other indicators ...... if u can make this one refresh itself (even it would still repaint but better not ) that would be great.

two the same signal but one is modiefied from the person who create this indicator

momentum_onchartsignals_indicator_v1.0.mq4

momentum_onchartsignals_indicator_v1.1.mq4

thanks a lot in advance

cheers

tikolino

tikolino2020:
Mr.Tools,

nice to hear that u will do it. thank u.

another thing.........

i do have an indicator it doesnt refresh itself and if i switch to an other TF and then back i get a new signal..... it seems that the indicator repaints BUT to filter false signals we can use other indicators ...... if u can make this one refresh itself (even it would still repaint but better not ) that would be great.

two the same signal but one is modiefied from the person who create this indicator

momentum_onchartsignals_indicator_v1.0.mq4

momentum_onchartsignals_indicator_v1.1.mq4

thanks a lot in advance

cheers

tikolino

tikolino

That indicator, from what can be seen, not just that refreshes the values, but it calculates all the bars all the time.

As of repainting : if we make it no repaint, it will not look even remotely similar to what it shows now

mladen:
tikolino

That indicator, from what can be seen, not just that refreshes the values, but it calculates all the bars all the time.

As of repainting : if we make it no repaint, it will not look even remotely similar to what it shows now

dear MLADEN many thanks for that info......

if u dont mind then i would like to try, however what result comes out... maybe it will be a good one ...i guess so

so if no trouble please do two.....

the first: refresh

and the second: no repaint

AGAIN many thanks for ur help

cheers

tikolino

tikolino2020:
dear MLADEN many thanks for that info......

if u dont mind then i would like to try, however what result comes out... maybe it will be a good one ...i guess so

so if no trouble please do two.....

the first: refresh

and the second: no repaint

AGAIN many thanks for ur help

cheers

tikolino

tikolino

Without promises

If I get some time for that, will make it. OK?

Reason: