Ask! - page 168

zaprietas:
hello, im searching for a person who can create MTQ4 indicator for me.Cash available.

Hello Zap,

have you seen this section?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

There are programmers there willing to take up a project for money .Moreover you may join elite section of this forum they are programmers there as well plus you get other indis as well see both and choose what fits you

-Guyver

Hi,

I have a question on file functions. Basically do I have to read what is in my CSV file in order? Or is it for me to skip steps and read something in the middle? For example in my script below can I read the High[0] without reading Close[0] or Open[0]?

Thanks for the help.

int start()

{

//----

int handle = FileOpen("data.csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE);

if(handle>0){

FileWrite(handle, Close[0], Open[0], High[0], Low[0], TimeToStr(Time[0]));

FileClose(handle);

}

int handle2 = FileOpen("data.csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_READ);

if(handle2>0){

Print(FileReadString(handle2));

Print(FileReadString(handle2));

FileClose(handle);

}

//----

return(0);

}

toddanderson:
Could someone help with changing the color of

}

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

The default colour is red if not set in code

try by adding this line

"ObjectSet("Open of "+TFBar+" Minut Bar # "+shb, OBJPROP_COLOR, White);"

Thank you

Thank you for your help

arshadFX:
The default colour is red if not set in code

try by adding this line

"ObjectSet("Open of "+TFBar+" Minut Bar # "+shb, OBJPROP_COLOR, White);"

SIMPLE MA (1bar) Open-Close/2

Could somebody please make me an indicator that will take the 1 bar simple moving average of the (Open-Close)/2. I would really appreciate this!!

Thanks much in advance!!

Using 2 UnivesalmacrossEA's

To anyone that can help,

I have two metatraders running on different PC's. I have installed the universalmacrossEA on each of them. Everything is the same on each. Currency pair, time frame, EA settings etc. On one comnputer the EA made trades almost right away. The second computer has not placed a trade yet. If everything is the same why did one trade and the other did not. Both systems were started at the same time.

Thanks,

Ron

Indicator For Offline Charts

Is it possible to code an indicator using data from offline charts in MT4?

I imported NYSE data into an offline chart. The MT4 tools work. I was just wondering if a custom indicator could be coded and if so what data does the code need to work?

Thanks in advance!!

winsumloosesum:
Is it possible to code an indicator using data from offline charts in MT4?

I imported NYSE data into an offline chart. The MT4 tools work. I was just wondering if a custom indicator could be coded and if so what data does the code need to work?

Thanks in advance!!

There is nothing special you need to code inside the indicator. Just drag & drop the indicator from nagivator to offline chart and it will work. Try it first with normal data avaliable with metatrader, for example eurusd. If the indicator will work on eurusd and won't on NYSE then it means that indicator counts something in wrong way and needs to be fixed/adjusted (for example maybe it needs rounding or during the calculations it generates error like zero divide).

StepStopExpert EA Question

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bother you all with this very newbie question, I have tried to look everywhere on the web and searching in all forums but I still don't get the idea on how the stopstepexpert should work.

Can you please give me explanation in details and the samples if you could regarding this ea?

How exactly does the Breakeven, StepSize, MinDistance work?

I understand the stepsize is for the step stop pips, +5 pips moved -5 s/l. But is the MinDistance and Breakeven setting affect the stepsize?

Please elaborate

Thank you very much

Entree

Reason: