Ask! - page 59

erkao:
Hello,

In an EA, the start() function will be run only if the pair price of attached chart change.

I'd like to know whether it can be run without waiting the price change.

Thanks in advance.

-erkao

NO! the start() function will be run only every time tick data arrived.

MaanOO:
Why this returns 0.

iMA(NULL,0,10,-3,MODE_EMA,PRICE_HIGH,1);

Thanks.

Because by this code you want to get 2 bars into the future.

-3 +1 = -2 (-2 means two bars into the future).

How to define the higher high, higher low, lower high and lower low?

Pls anyone know how to define higher high, higher low, lower high and lower low please reply

thank you.

phoenix:
Pls anyone know how to define higher high, higher low, lower high and lower low please reply thank you.

It is hre https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Look post #516 for solution without arrays, as far as I can tell everybody uses array version for indicators. and use search button

thanks i'll have it a try

hi Coders' Guru i was wonering if you could help me. i have this indicator that exports intraday data into eod data format. the only thing is it has a "date","time","open","high","low","close". and the program i want to use it for uses yahoo csv file format (date,open,high,low,close), i tried everything to remove the "time" column but i can't figure it out. if you could take a look at it and help me out i would really apprecciate it. also the program i want to use(refined eliot trader) is weird. it can tell the differance between a regular .csv file and a .csv file downloaded from yahoo ( probably because the date in the yahoo file is YYYY-MM-DD format and the indicator is in YYYMMDD format. but that isn't a big problem if i just delete all the files and only have one file at a time. if you have time please take a look at it for me.. thanks so much

DID IT.... thanks anyway guys

Files:
agdata_1.mq4  5 kb

Here's a good one for ya!

Hi CodersGuru (you da man!),

This one has me stumped. The MetaEditor has an option for toggling breakpoints. When I try to compile EAs though, the breakpoints are ignored. What are they in there for? Does MetaEditor have breakpoints, and if so, how do I use them?

Thanks,

Ryan

PS: I don't know if I said this already, but YOU DA MAN!!

can open buy and sell stick together?

Can open buy and sell stick together?

Imagine after an open buy signal on hourly ea execute an open buy with specific target profit and stop order. but before it's order done, next signal from 4 hours chart is sell. so ea execute a new sell without close the last buy position that appeard from hourly signal.

The open position both buy and sell will be liquidated with a specific take profit and stop loss.

Other example, when we have a daily candle as a buy signal, so EA will execute an opening tick after the last daily candle. But it maybe not a very best price to buy at that opening price, so when hourly signal is sell and when it's liquidated lower than the price we open buy, it means that we get the better price on buying.

Thanks

Reason: