Ask! - page 55

MiniMe:
This is a great indicatorexcept it keeps changing the name on the up and down trend lines, can someone change this indicator to make the name fixed so it does not change the trend whenever the trend direction changes?

and has anyone though of making news indicator so we can add news events with time and currency pair in the code and each time there is a news we get a signal, then later use that signal to start or stop an EA ? please let me know if someone did that already ?

Regards,

Alan

Please some help here , I really want this indicator and i dont know how to change it, it keeps changing the name for the up and low channel .. i need the name to be fixed if possible ?

MiniMe:
Please some help here , I really want this indicator and i dont know how to change it, it keeps changing the name for the up and low channel .. i need the name to be fixed if possible ?

You find where it says

price_p1=lap;

price_p0=lap+dhm/2;

price_p2=lap+dhm;

price_01=la0;

price_00=la0+dhm/2;

price_02=la0+dhm;

[/PHP]and change that to say

[PHP]price_p2=lap;

price_p0=lap+dhm/2;

price_p1=lap+dhm;

price_02=la0;

price_00=la0+dhm/2;

price_01=la0+dhm;

need to seperate

hi all, i've been doing some modding to the EA "10points 3". all is well EXCEPT i want to have the buy and sell run independantly. i.e. i set a max of 5 buys and 3 sell.. if one is maxed and the direction changes the aother may still open... i will not post the 10points3 EA here because it's all over this forum.. but could you at least point me in the right direction to seperating the buy/sell ?my lastest atempt almost worked but almost never cuts it!

ralph.ronnquist:
You find where it says
price_p1=lap;

price_p0=lap+dhm/2;

price_p2=lap+dhm;

price_01=la0;

price_00=la0+dhm/2;

price_02=la0+dhm;

[/php]and change that to say

[php]price_p2=lap;

price_p0=lap+dhm/2;

price_p1=lap+dhm;

price_02=la0;

price_00=la0+dhm/2;

price_01=la0+dhm;

THANKS A LOT

Dear coder,

asking mt4 programming question,

if (!IsDemo())return(0);

what is means ? that only can run on demo account? can't run on real account?

thank you

from ocm

A simple question (i hope that): I have a buy position with trailing stop. I want to open a sell position when the open position hit the trailing stop, but the sell position must be open in the same price that the buy position close:

let me explain:

trailing stop:1.3075

buy orde:1.3080

if the buy order hit 1.3075, then the EA must open a short position at 1.3075

The problem is that the trailing is moving and i have to modified the open of sellstop acording to the triling movement.

I don{t know how can i code that

Please, help me.

Thanks in advance

Does MQL4 support pass by reference in the function? I want to return 2 values from the same function. Instead of writing all the code within start(), I want to create a function just to make the code cleaner and more easy to read. Can anyone point me to any previous EA that is using this type of technique or give me a one liner example?

I am familiar with programming in C/C++ but new to the MQL4 language. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A Favor TO Ask

----------

How do I get rid of zeroes in my variable??

I figured out my answer!

Dave

<<<

newbie Question

Dear All

I have an Ea That is working well. But I think that some parameters are not optimized.

All the parameters are putted in arrays:

Array1[0] = "EURUSD";/Currency

Array2[0] = 60;//ime frame

Arra3[0]= 20;//Parameter1

Array[4]=xx;//Parameter 2

What I need is to put thoses value as extern parameter that I can optimize them in back testing.

How to procced. A sample code is highly appreciated.

i Tried to put

extern int par1= 60

and

Arra3[0]= par1;

i've got par1 is not initialized.

Thanks for your help.

Kindest Regards

Reason: