Volume trader

I am testing volume trader EA Volume_trader_v2 written by forexts (see in download area) and modification of this EA by giovanun. I am using two copies of MetaTrader 4 with alpari and neurex.

Does anybody test it?

And I am having permanent errors:

- trade context is busy;

- error to close the order - timeout;

and so on.

I will test this EA on one pair - eurusd only, h4 timeframe.

May be I got those errors because I tested on 6 pairs m15.

So, I will test on eurusd only. And h4.

And very interesting:

on eurusd h4 one modification is showing 'up trend', an other one - 'down trend'.

Files:
v.gif  9 kb
v1.gif  9 kb

The last version is the only good one. The other ones had strange problems.

This trader is interesting in GBPUSD H4 ... it shows interesting profits in some circumstances.

I really think this trader is very interesting to try to understand how the volume affect the movement and perhaps should be integrated with a trend indicator of main level (Daily).

Yes, I am testing the last version.

Giovanun did some improvement https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172961 so I am testing both.

Right. It is ok now. Both modifications of version 2 are showing the same trend.

Files:
vg_v2.gif  9 kb
vg_v3.gif  9 kb

I had to start once again because of some problem with MT4 build 183.

I stoped testing this EA because of some problem with exit. Some strange problem.

But, anyway, this EA is estimating the trend very well: up trend, down trend (or nothing it means we are not trading). I think this EA should be improved on the following way:

- the EA does not need to trade. The estimate the trend showing just a few words on the charts (up trend etc) is enough sometimes for the manual trading. Just to be sure that it is uptrend or down trend for example.

Reason: