Float - page 2

Hi all,

Is there anyone interested in Float analysis? For example, newdigital, I think you wrote you used Float I was wondering if someone could help me code the Woods Float Channel Indicator. It is same as Float but is displayed differently - on each bar, instead of drawing the full support and resistance lines (determined by high and low during last full float turnover), it only makes dots. These dots then make up full lines that work as support and resistance and when the price crosses one of those, it is a trade signal.

Basically what we need is just a Custom Indicator that will ON EACH BAR:

1) Check Float_01.mq4 for the last known float volume

2) Start counting from that bar backwards, adding up volumes

3) When the sum reaches the last known full float volume, stop counting

4) Determine high and low of the period through which it was counting and plot them

The algorithm is simple, however, I'm not really friends with MQL4 -- it was returning many errors that I couldn't get rid of. I would appreciate help.

See the picture how it's supposed to look like - interesting, huh?

Files:

Float mystery

I have found several different float indicators and if I try to put to many on one chart, they start to interfere with one another. Any ideas why that might be? For example, if I put a 3rd one on my chart....it will actually change the input for the 2nd one to the one that I just installed and sometimes no input will show, where the indicator should be. A little bit of a mystery to me.

Pips4Profit

Float indicator

Float indicator for MT4 with code

Barry

Files:
float.mq4  18 kb

since steve woods also used trendlines (for relative support/resistance) when float indicator reached the top, i was thinking that it would be possible for us to use an indicator such as price channel (or high-low).

i have attached something that might work.

something else: does anyone know what are supposed to be the settings for higher timeframes? since m15 works with 100, and m30 works with 200, i assume h1 would work with 400. how about h4 and d1?

Malcik:
Hi all,

Is there anyone interested in Float analysis? For example, newdigital, I think you wrote you used Float I was wondering if someone could help me code the Woods Float Channel Indicator. It is same as Float but is displayed differently - on each bar, instead of drawing the full support and resistance lines (determined by high and low during last full float turnover), it only makes dots. These dots then make up full lines that work as support and resistance and when the price crosses one of those, it is a trade signal.

4) Determine high and low of the period through which it was counting and plot them

The algorithm is simple, however, I'm not really friends with MQL4 -- it was returning many errors that I couldn't get rid of. I would appreciate help.

Files:

Malcik:
Hi all,

This is exactly what i am researching right now , there is a good merit in this but lot of variables thanks again for the chart

Thanks newdigital

I just found this thread when communicating

There are two other indicators within the Float indicator namely fib and dianb

are they available as separate indicators ?

(and even more interesting if they are available for previous days too)

it seems they are useful. the common fibo indicators are very crowded though the present one is quite simple

Ravique:
Guys, don`t waste your time.The last float , so as Barrys float for MT4 are rearanging themselves in history, so what they show is not true. I haven`t seen any working version of the float indicator ( not the one with the MA`s, but one with Fibs and Histograms ) on any forum for the last year.

Does anyone have float indicator with Fibs and Histograms?

thanks.

bhuang3426:
Does anyone have float indicator with Fibs and Histograms? thanks.

I am using this and is working great on the 5min charts, is anyone still using it? This week i made +320pips on my demo... And i will try it on my live account the next week...

Files:
floatdata.mq4  24 kb

Alert

Saintroman:
I am using this and is working great on the 5min charts, is anyone still using it? This week i made +320pips on my demo... And i will try it on my live account the next week...

Wonderful indicator Saintroman, thanks for sharing it.

An audio alert at the point of stop and reverse seems like a worthwhile improvement for this .mq4 indicator, especially for someone using it on smaller timeframes.

Are there any details such as an instruction manual available? How are you able to use this indicator successfully, if you could share your method step by step.

Raju

I am using it just to let me know where is a POSIBLE change in the trend,once the Float shows the POSIBLE stop and reverse i look at two more indis, this is how i trade it and the indicators...

I trade this mainly whit the Eur/Usd 5Min, and almost always enter two trades because the Eur/Usd almos always retrace a little to allow me a second entry

Reason: