Welcome to the MQL4 course - page 5

I just wanted to send along my thanks to codersguru... I kept hearing of these mystical tutorials and alas I have finally found them. I think 1 ebook on everything would be great. I am not sure how good I am at programming (I sucked at unix) but Im sure these tutorials will help.

1 suggestion, I went to your website xpworx, would it be possible to add these there? Then it might not be so hard to find. Then again, I could just be a moron and not looking in the right places.

Thanks again.

traderjai_inhi:
I just wanted to send along my thanks to codersguru... I kept hearing of these mystical tutorials and alas I have finally found them. I think 1 ebook on everything would be great. I am not sure how good I am at programming (I sucked at unix) but Im sure these tutorials will help.

1 suggestion, I went to your website xpworx, would it be possible to add these there? Then it might not be so hard to find. Then again, I could just be a moron and not looking in the right places.

Thanks again.

First of all, Thank you very much that you reading my tutorial! I hope you enjoy it!

Scondly, You can find the full tutorial/articles and more at:

www.metatrader.info

CodersGuru,

Geez, I dunno whats wrong with my laptop. I saw the metatrader.info site ealier and tried to go there but it came as a dead link.. It is working now and I found the area with the tutorials on it. Are the lessons what I should go thru first in order and then the "extras" are jus additional info to go thru in time if I am having trouble with something such as alerts once per bar?

Thank you again, I am still going thru the tutorials but you explain things simply which is very helpful.

Wma

please help me.. instead of EMA, what is the WMA syntax format if i want to use it in my EA project. tq

Hi,

I'm already stuck in the first lesson:

"Run the batch file and if you are lucky person like me you will get a screen like this. (Black screen D:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe)"

Well... how do I run a batch file???

And how do I create a 'batch' file....

man, I'm so clueless...

Coders Guru

Welll thanking you much Mr Coders Guru,

I'm an old guy but I like to learn something that is maybe useful to me and/or my kids.

Anyway, is there any update and/or development and/or suggestion since you release EMA_CROSS_2.mq4 which is quiet good for me but I saw that still we can further develop it so it can reduce the MODIFY function into more positive order closing one.

Again, thanks a lot,

John

3 Questions on crossed_function in lesson 14 ,thanks guru

Hello, Guru!

I'm new fans of your course, thank you so much for making a fruit pudding from hard nut.

You remind us don't forget ask questions in the end of every lessons, here they come:

When I enjoy your lesson 14, crossed funtion part, I'm confused,

Q1) At the 1st time you call crossed fuction:

int Crossed (double line1 , double line2)

{

static int last_direction = 0; //last_direction = 0

static int current_direction = 0;

if(line1>line2)current_direction = 1; //up

if(line1<line2)current_direction = 2; //down current_direction = 1 or 2 right?

if(current_direction != last_direction) //changed That means current_direction != last_direction will be true, then a cross signal will be given, right?

<span style="color: Black"]

Q2: 2nd time you call it

int Crossed (double line1 , double line2)

{

static int last_direction = 0; [COLOR="Magenta;">//would last_direction be reset to 0 from =current_direction ?

static int current_direction = 0;

if(line1>line2)current_direction = 1; //up

if(line1<line2)current_direction = 2; //down

if(current_direction != last_direction) //changed

Thanks and have a nice day!

In the EA it takes only one order based on the chart the EA is on. What if you have a manual order taken in that same pair, will the Ea still take a order based on its logic, or will it try to control the order that was manually opened?

Thanks for the lessons!

A lot of time and effort

Reason: