Mandarine: discussion and improvements - page 3

I have found a nice 5 minute setup on mandarine:

periods 5

fast 5

slow 34

shift 0

I used a 34 perid aroon on a 5 minute chart as a filter. Only trade with an aroon cross the same color as the mandarine signal. Would somebody like to automate it?

Files:

Which of the Mandarine EAs have people been using from the download section? There is Mandarine and MandarineXLv01. What are the differences between them?

Bruno tested MandarineXL. Somebody will test Mandarine.

Will see.

Thus now we have MandarineXL version No. 2.

See download area.

Thanks Alex.

mezarashii:
I have found a nice 5 minute setup on mandarine:

periods 5

fast 5

slow 34

shift 0

I backtested Beluck's Mandarine using slow 34 and it is beter.

Anyway I think that if we select the right settings for EAs and use the filter it will be better.

Backtest? How did you backtest? In MT4 it looks terrible no matter what setting.

Can anyone tell me why it look so bad in back test?

Agree.

But I tested on demo account as well. And the EA is fully corresponding with the signal indicator so we may see anything even without any backtest. Read the posts "Post and compare Trades". We are testing on demo. The same.

Look on the picture mand1.gif! S/L is 1.7564, the buy order was in the price of 1.7552 and now is already 1.7664. So, this order will be closed in profit anyway.

Irrespective of.

I am testing it just to see everything. This S/L is moving in very right way.

Great! I like it.

Files:
mand1.gif  44 kb

What take profit, stop loss and trail do you guys use for forward testing?

I am testing Finger's 0.2 and I can see that the signals-mandarine indicator dont show the same trades. Is that because Finger's system is different?

Reason: