Signal - error subscribing signal [129797] - subscription prohibited

I need your wisdom.

I have an account with Oanda (USA). They do allow signals. However, when I try to sign up for ANY signal, I get an error.

This is what I see in the logs:    '931187': Signal - error subscribing signal [129797] - subscription prohibited

Oanda says all's good on their end. MQL5 says all's good on their end.

Could you help me with this?

Thank you!

Vlad

Please do not triple post. I have removed your other 2 threads.

Vlad:

I need your wisdom.

I have an account with Oanda (USA). They do allow signals. However, when I try to sign up for ANY signal, I get an error.

This is what I see in the logs:    '931187': Signal - error subscribing signal [129797] - subscription prohibited

Oanda says all's good on their end. MQL5 says all's good on their end.

Could you help me with this?

Thank you!

Vlad

Did you write to MQ service desk? And what does the error 129797 (or 931187) mean?
Did you write to the broker's service desk?

Sergey Golubev:

Did you write to MQ service desk? And what does the error 129797 (or 931187) mean?
Did you write to the broker's service desk?

Yes, I contacted both. They basically say "It's not us, it's them". Funny, but also frustrating.

Vlad:

Yes, I contacted both. They basically say "It's not us, it's them". Funny, but also frustrating.

As far as I know from some other threads - there are some brokers which allow the signals from same brokers only.
Example: if you are on [...] broker so you can subscribe to the privider with same broker only (for example).

may be - some other cases ...

Write to the service desk once again asking them to evaluate the situation.

Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

Sergey Golubev:

may be - some other cases ...

The other cases:

• Mac OS and Linux do not support the Signal service;
  • you can not subscribe to demo/free signal using your real/live account (Demo account can subscribe to "demo" signals and to "real" signals, and real account to "real" signals).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Metatrader4 / Linux / Signals

Aleksey Pak, 2015.05.18 09:43

Hello, unfortunately Signals Service not work in the Linux.

And you can check the procedure once again (how to subscribe with all the steps):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your Metatrader platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your Metatrader, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your Metatrader, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your Metatrader's Terminal Window.

6. Select the paymet method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your Metatraderopen all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your Metatrader, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting window that opens, click Next, then Next again, select the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value (right side of window) and click Next.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.

15. Complete your payment for the VPS Service and you are done.  

Reason: