MQL5 vps not working

Hello!

‌My signal service has been renewed today. I subscribed MQL5 virtual hosting . While I was using my computer everything was ok. But then when I switched of the computer I had to close the positions by manual because at this time the positions of the signal service had been closed. On the MT4 Platform shows error. In this case the trading doesn't work automatically! What is the problem?

Thank you!

Probably the error.

Marco vd Heijden:
Probably the error.
Thanx!What can i do?

If you are using MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 for your signal so you should disable the signal on your computer.
It means: if your signal is working on VPS so it should not work on your local computer.

Please check all the steps related to the signals with VPS (just in case you missed something) - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 10:02

Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.

15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next. 

16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service

17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.

Are you subscriber, or are you the signal provider?
If you are the signal provider so you are using some EA, right?

I am asking because of synchronization: whatever you are subscriber or you are using EA - you should synchronize your Metatrader with VPS.
If something is going to be wrong - synchronize it once again.

Where to see the error (in case of VPS)?
in VPS logs (VPS journal) - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS not working

Sergey Golubev, 2018.10.30 10:31

It is important to ask about log files from them (two log VPS files) Virtual Platform Logs 
Because everything is written there.

For example: the person may say that "my VPS does not work" but we may see that his VPS works, but his EA is not traded just because EA is using dll or for any other reason.

Same with refund:
If someone is going to the service desk asking for refund because "my VPS does not work" so the service desk will not believe in him.
Service desk will believe in log files only (not by words).

Besides, log files (Virtual Platform Logs) are necessary in case of fixing VPS for example.

-------------------

I mean - "MQL5 VPS not working" - you (and we all) can see it from VPS logs.

You can check the logs to see - working or not, and why.

Your VPS service delays MT5 data transmission by 4-7 minutes! Too slow! Can't tolerate it! Can it be improved?

WillyZhang:
Your VPS service delays MT5 data transmission by 4-7 minutes! Too slow! Can't tolerate it! Can it be improved?

Which VPS?
Your MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5?
Seems, you confused with something.

read this thread about latency/ping: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/287526

There Problem in My Server mql5 In ( ms ) !!
There Problem in My Server mql5 In ( ms ) !!
  • www.mql5.com
hello i Check my Server After My EA work until See fast do my order ( ms ) i show this happend , how that...

WillyZhang:

MQL5 VPS never works like that, you've probably done something wrong.

Post some MQL5 VPS journal screenshot to check.

Reason: