Indicators: Open Interest - page 3

Vladimir Karputov:

Open Interest - indicator for MetaTrader 5

OK. So you don't have OI for old version of MetaTrader?

Thank you so much for all.

Hi Vlad, what does the range of the bar indicate ?  in your example, i see when the market started to move up the blue bars became longer.  but some of the other bars, they didnt correspond to length of price bars.

thank you,  

Cobra5000:

Hi Vlad, what does the range of the bar indicate ?  in your example, i see when the market started to move up the blue bars became longer.  but some of the other bars, they didnt correspond to length of price bars.

thank you,  

The Open Interest indicator shows the parameter "Total volume of open positions - SYMBOL_SESSION_INTEREST".
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Symbol Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Ok, do you still find it useful?  looks like it might be good for confirmation of a move.  can you send a couple pics from last week on a 5  -  30  minute chart for BTC, US30 or  EurUsd ?  I use MT4, so to use it,

I would have to pay to get yours converted over to MT4.   But if i do, i would share it with your community.  

Cobra5000 :

Ok, do you still find it useful?  looks like it might be good for confirmation of a move.  can you send a couple pics from last week on a 5  -  30  minute chart for BTC, US30 or  EurUsd ?  I use MT4, so to use it,

I would have to pay to get yours converted over to MT4.   But if i do, i would share it with your community.  

Look for stock symbols. Look for brokers who work with the exchange. An example is in the description. If you do not understand the difference between a broker and a dealing center, this code is not for you.

I have installed it and inserted it correctly in the mt5 folder, but when I go to run it in my graph nothing appears. 

Files:
Cattura.PNG  52 kb

momix21 # :

I have installed it and inserted it correctly in the mt5 folder, but when I go to run it in my graph nothing appears. 

You made a MISTAKE: You placed an indicator on a symbol that does not broadcast 'Open Interest'. 'Open Interest' is (usually) broadcast only on the EXCHANGE symbols, not on the FOREX symbols.

Hi, 

SYMBOL_SESSION_INTEREST  : the doc does not say other than "Summary Open Interest" (OI) (Did I miss something?)

Now, OI is used for FUTURES, nothing else so not sure why in this discussion they are talking about stocks.

OI is reported also as  "Commitment of Traders" by CME and is weekly as I understand.

Is all the above what this  SYMBOL_SESSION_INTEREST is supposed to show? 

I tried the indicator with AMP futures broker via MT5, I see pricing for the futures in real time, but nothing comes from this indicator.

Any clarification appreciated.

Regards

C

Open Interest
Open Interest
  • www.mql5.com
The indicator shows t he parameter "Total volume of open positions - SYMBOL_SESSION_INTEREST".
Reason: