Miscellaneous Questions about MQL & MT4 Functionality

Hello,

I am interested in making the switch to MT4 or MT5. I have read some articles / blog posts and wondered if a moderator or someone who actually uses MT4 / MT5 in the following manner can verify whether or not MT4/ MT5 has the following functionality :

1. Is it possible to create an automated strategy that trades on one time frame, consults a second time frame for indicator or price values, and exits yet

on another ( third ) time frame‌ in an INTRABAR manner.

2. Can I backtest the strategy listed above ( # 1 ) and are the backtester's results accurate and reliable ?‌

3.Can I access ( download for free [ or pay modestly for  ] , 5 or 10 years ‌worth of say, EURUSD hourly data ) and bactest my automated strategy ( # 1 ) on it without all sorts of caveats,  stipulations,  or special condititions ?

Thanks,

Richard‌

ACRISER:

I am interested in making the switch to MT4 or MT5. I have read some articles / blog posts and wondered if a moderator or someone who actually uses MT4 / MT5 in the following manner can verify whether or not MT4/ MT5 has the following functionality :

1. Is it possible to create an automated strategy that trades on one time frame, consults a second time frame for indicator or price values, and exits yet

on another ( third ) time frame‌ in an INTRABAR manner.

2. Can I backtest the strategy listed above ( # 1 ) and are the backtester's results accurate and reliable ?‌

3.Can I access ( download for free [ or pay modestly for  ] , 5 or 10 years ‌worth of say, EURUSD hourly data ) and bactest my automated strategy ( # 1 ) on it without all sorts of caveats,  stipulations,  or special condititions ?

1. That point is possible on both MT4/MQL4 as well as MT5/MQL5.
  2. Yes, you can back-test it on both MT4 and MT5 and reliability depends on how well the EA is coded and what kind of testing you do (this really depends on your level of competence, knowledge and experience).
  3. Data is available for free but depends on the broker on how far back it goes. For MT4 you can also use free 3rd party data (and tools) that can go back that far.

If you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from the broker.

Vladimir Kudelin:

Must be OneTrade=false and TradeMode=mode_1

Also check log file‌

‌Yes, I'll do it tomorrow. I want you first tested, so no need to start a new job‌. You will pay for it after testing.

Will check log file. Thanks

O‌kay awesome. I really like your honest way of dealing with eachother! Rarley there are people like you!

C‌an't wait to test it, tomorrow!

ACRISER: Thanks for taking the time to reply; one other question. Does MT4 / MT5‌ have any sort of "Replay" functionality that would allow you to replay your automated intrabar mulitple time frame strategy over, say the last two years of downloaded data without any special considerations so that you would be able to see exactly how it would have performed over the last two years in sort of a live action manner ?

Yes, it is called "Visual Testing"!

EDIT: Looks like the OP's post was substituted by a random post from another thread on the forum.

@Moderator: Looks like the Website bug is still not resolved, despite been reported to the Service Desk.

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, it is called "Visual Testing"!

EDIT: Looks like the OP's post was substituted by a random post from another thread on the forum.

@Moderator: Looks like the Website bug is still not resolved, despite been reported to the Service Desk.

I had this issue too with one of my post. But I did not make screenshot ... I can make a ticket to the service desk but they will ask for the proof (image, links, screenshot etc) ... because this kind of bug is very difficult to catch.

Sergey Golubev: I had this issue too with one of my post. But I did not make screenshot ... I can make a ticket to the service desk but they will ask for the proof (image, links, screenshot etc) ... because this kind of bug is very difficult to catch.

Please do that too! I already reported it and provided this link to the forum thread of other people with the same problem: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/170579

I also described the problem on another thread as well: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/167531#comment_4018038

Reason: