MT4 and MT5 no proper Text Label that does not move as i zoom in and out of chart? ANY WAY TO FIX THIS? - page 2

jakubdonovan36:

OBJECT_LABEL was the one i was using if you watch my video. Have a look. Probably a mix up on the metaquotes object types page.

No it's not, the button you are using is a TEXT object. Anyway, I gave up.

jakubdonovan36: That's exactly the point. The label is anchored to a point of your screen so you can move 3 days back and the label will still be where it always was on your screen instead of staying with your labelled object. Say you want to label a level of strong resistance "resistance" the said label will not stay where you put it. It will just move with you as you scroll through the chart.... 
Now I am confused! First you asked for a Object that would not move, but know you say that you do want it to move but fixed to the Time/Price of your choosing. So, what is it exactly that you want?

Alain Verleyen:
No it's not. Anyway, I gave up.
Have a look at the screenshots mate :)

jakubdonovan36: Have a look at the screenshots mate :)
OK! "Mate", lets analyse it! You are putting a "Text" object on the right hand side of a rectangle without any regard for what Price or Time you are anchoring it to, and then expect it "stay" there, yet have no notion of "where" the place is.

So, slow down and "think"! If when looking at it in one time frame you placed, lets say roughly "20 Bars" to the right in a H4 chart (so 4 Hr x 20 = 80 hrs).

Now when you look at it on a M5 time frame (80 hrs / 5 mins = 960 bars away) and on a D1 chart, 80hrs is 3 bars away.

Do you get it now Mate????

EDIT: Moral of the story is, place the Text object on the event bar itself and not way off to the side.

Fernando Carreiro:
OK! "Mate", lets analyse it! You are putting a "Text" object on the right hand side of a rectangle without any regard for what Price or Time you are anchoring it to, and then expect it "stay" there, yet have no notion of "where" the place is.

So, slow down and "think"! If when looking at it in one time frame you placed, lets say roughly "20 Bars" to the right in a H4 chart (so 4 Hr x 20 = 80 hrs).

Now when you look at it on a M5 time frame (80 hrs / 5 mins = 960 bars away) and on a D1 chart, 80hrs is 3 bars away.

Do you get it now Mate????

EDIT: Moral of the story is, place the Text object on the event bar itself and not way off to the side.

Hang on i missed the first bit, lets just start from the beginning again ok.

LOL

Kean2xl: Hang on i missed the first bit, lets just start from the beginning again ok.

No. Don't start again. Don't resurrect a year and a half old thread without a good reason.

Reason: