question

can someone tell me what code i would use just to get a ea to buy 0.03 lots of the eur usd currency pair if it rises above a particular price , for example 1.0553 

i tried to do it but the ea kept buying a additional 0.03 lots every tick 

i tried to use the orderstotal function to ensure the ea would not continue to buy after a position was already open but i could not figure out how 

i would appreciate any response , i know some people may not wish to respond to this type of question but i have not figured it out by going over previous posts 

can someone provide a answer ? 

Well, if it is buying every tick, that means you at least have it working up to a point.

Post your code and I am sure that you will get some suggestions.

2233256: i tried to use the orderstotal function to ensure the ea would not continue to buy after a position was already open but i could not figure out how
Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.) Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 forum

can a ea print information to a file ? is there a function for that ? 

2233256: can a ea print information to a file ? is there a function for that ? 
Yes, it can!

However, you seem to be asking very basic questions, so I would suggest that you first read the documentation. You can also access the MQL4 Reference from within the MetaEditor by hitting F1 and then go to the "File Functions" section.

Also, look at the CodeBase section for many examples of code.
MQL4 Reference
MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
MQL4 Reference

do order tickets always ascend ? is there ever a order ticket number that is lower than a order ticket number which came before it ? 

if order tickets always ascend than what code could i use to count the number of open orders over a certain order ticket number ? 
Reason: