Error 131 - page 2

Here is the error
Files:
error_1.JPG  67 kb

Lucas Weber: I am getting an error when I sumbit for verification. I am not a coder. I had this EA made for me but it is not working correctly now. the error the verification is giving me is error 1
  1. You
    Server
    Change the SL to X
    It is at X!
    Change the SL to XIt is at X!
    Change the SL to XYou are insane
  2. You couldn't be bothered to learn mql4, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
  3. The code is broken. It must be fixed. learn to code it, or pay (Freelance) someone to code it. We're not going to code it for you. We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.

Lucas Weber: I am getting an error when I sumbit for verification. I am not a coder. I had this EA made for me but it is not working correctly now. the error the verification is giving me is error 1
If you had the EA coded for you, then contact the coder and get it fixed. Obviously you don't have the knowledge to fix it yourself nor are you going to understand any of our comments with regards to fixing it.

Fernando,

Thank you for you advice. That is much appreciated.

@whroeder1 Thank you for the advice.

There was a programmer kind enough to PM me and help me fix the minor issue. I try to learn on the go an I was asking for advice on where to look to change the code as the links whoreder1 sent me did not look at all like the source code that I have.

And as you can see I fixed my error 131 but then received a new error. So yes I do obviously understand.

Lucas Weber: And as you can see I fixed my error 131 but then received a new error. So yes I do obviously understand.
No you don't, because if you did, you would have known that the EA you posted is riddled with bugs. It is in fact, very badly coded (but one cannot expect much quality for just $20, so you get what you pay for)! Not to mention the fact, that if you did truly understand, you would have coded it yourself.

Fernando Carreiro:
No you don't, because if you did, you would have known that the EA you posted is riddled with bugs. It is in fact, very badly coded (but one cannot expect much quality for just $20, so you get what you pay for)! Not to mention the fact, that if you did truly understand, you would have coded it yourself.
No I don't understand how to code the whole ea but I can learn and make small changes as I did. I do not know code well enough to claim that it was riddled with bugs but I did see that it looked different from examples.

I recommend newbies to use an existing EA (CodeBase or what is in the Expert folder) and amend it acc. to your trading ideas!

For me it's the best way to learn. Beside that if you place the cursor upon a MQL-function press F1 and you can read almost everything you have to know about it and in many cases you'll find examples too!

BTW I just saw this:  res=(double)DoubleToString(res,digits);
I hope this is only a typo!? What do you expect will come out?

Beside that I promise you will benefit a lot from the debugger (in the editor F5)!

Fernando Carreiro:
So many of the jobs that I have seen done in freelance are badly coded. I have modified a few of them in my time, but many I just refuse as it is easier to re-write the whole thing.

I saw one that called a function to count open orders more than 10 times in one tick. Also why do so many coders use functions with 1 line of code?

I've also seen functions like this

double GetPrice()
   {
   double i;
   i=Open[0];
   return(i);
   }

Totally unnecessary!

Keith Watford:
So many of the jobs that I have seen done in freelance are badly coded. I have modified a few of them in my time, but many I just refuse as it is easier to re-write the whole thing.

I saw one that called a function to count open orders more than 10 times in one tick. Also why do so many coders use functions with 1 line of code?

I've also seen functions like this

double GetPrice()
   {
   double i;
   i=Open[0];
   return(i);
   }

Totally unnecessary!
Thank you to @Keith Watford  and @Carl Schreiber for actual advice and more insight! I do realize now this is very poorly coded and I have found another programmer to work with as my previous programmer has left me open ended and clearly does not provide the quality work. The function to count is probably what was giving me error 1
Reason: