Discussion of article "Embed MetaTrader 4/5 WebTerminal on your website for free and make a profit" - page 3

Hi Marco,

thanks for the quick response.. i just deleted my last question as I have solved it.

I just needed to force MT5, like this:

https://trade.mql5.com/trade?version=5

I think the document may have a typo as it refers to 'startup_version' which didn't seem to work, whereas just 'version' does.

cheers

Hi guys, can i just confirm that the Mobile Web terminal and Mobile Web widget are only supported on Mt5? In other words if i want to use this affilliate feature on my mobile app, the Broker will need to have MT5 servers? There's no way of getting the MT5 web front end to communicate with an MT4 server backend? This is quite a limitation, as there don't seem to be that many Brokers using MT5 as far as I can see.

thanks

Triggerbuddy:

Hi guys, can i just confirm that the Mobile Web terminal and Mobile Web widget are only supported on Mt5? In other words if i want to use this affilliate feature on my mobile app, the Broker will need to have MT5 servers? There's no way of getting the MT5 web front end to communicate with an MT4 server backend? This is quite a limitation, as there don't seem to be that many Brokers using MT5 as far as I can see.

thanks

No you can just switch between MT4 and MT5 from the file menu in the webterminal but there are a lot of brokers that are running older server software and then when you try to connect the webterminal, you will see the message that your broker's server does not currently support the web trader so its a good idea to look into that before you proceed.

For the mobile app's in app/playstore those are separate apps next to each other.

Marco vd Heijden:

No you can just switch between MT4 and MT5 from the file menu in the webterminal but there are a lot of brokers that are running older server software and then when you try to connect the webterminal, you will see the message that your broker's server does not currently support the web trader so its a good idea to look into that before you proceed.

For the mobile app's in app/playstore those are separate apps next to each other.

Hi, I prefer to use a widget within my app, as swapping between apps isn't a great UX. Also, re the above, is it possible to have the mobile widget load as MT5 (so it works on mobile) but connected to an MT4 server? As what i'm seeing is that on mobile as soon as you select MT4 the web app/widget goes back to desktop view.

thanks

No a MT4 and MT5 servers are different and accounts can not be mixed.

<iframe src="https://trade.mql5.com/trade?demo_all_servers=1&amp;startup_mode=open_demo&amp;lang=ru&amp;save_password=off" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; border: none;"></iframe>

The web terminal supports additional customization parameters:

• startup_version — the default web terminal version: 4 for MetaTrader 4 or 5 for MetaTrader 5. The parameter is used for the first launch of the web terminal. Further, the platform version will be defined based on the last used account.
  • login — the trading account login. It can be used for creating personal profiles. If your website keeps information about account number, you can dynamically form a widget and add the desired account into it. It means that a user will only need to enter the password, while the account number will be inserted automatically.
  • demo_show_phone — set this parameter to 1 (demo_show_phone=1) and add it to the widget in order to display the phone field in the demo account registration form. If the parameter is not specified or it is set to a value other than 1, the phone field is not displayed. By removing the phone field from the registration form, you can increase site conversion.

i have a bunch of questions regarding the affilliate linking for MT4/5 native apps, mentioned at the bottom here: https://www.mql5.com/en/welcome/en-build-affiliate-program-and-attract-new-traders

is this the right thread, or is there another one?

Attract new traders through affiliate marketing with our ready-made solutions
  • www.mql5.com
Modern traders are actively using mobile applications and web versions of trading platforms. Using our mobile and web solutions for the MetaTrader 4/5 platforms, you can attract new traders on a regular basis by creating an affiliate network. Lead generation through MetaTrader Web Platforms The MetaTrader 4/5 web platforms can be easily...

geurillatrader:

i have a bunch of questions regarding the affilliate linking for MT4/5 native apps, mentioned at the bottom here: https://www.mql5.com/en/welcome/en-build-affiliate-program-and-attract-new-traders

is this the right thread, or is there another one?

Yep that's the article i've already read.. i have questions about it.

What are the questions?

Marco vd Heijden:

What are the questions?

So regarding the MT Mobile native app integration mentioned at the bottom of the article: https://www.mql5.com/en/welcome/en-build-affiliate-program-and-attract-new-traders

• You mention both MT4 and 5 here: ‘your affiliates can distribute links to download your MetaTrader 4/5 mobile application’

But then go on to specify MT5: ‘The MetaTrader 5 mobile apps that are downloaded by using these links will be automatically bound to your trade servers.’

Is this MT5 only or does it work with both?

• Once the user has installed MT via the broker specific affiliate link, what happens if MT is already installed and set up with another broker? Would they be prompted to Update, and thier existing server configuration would be overwritten? Or does it install a separate version of MT?
  • Once the user has installed MT via the broker specific affiliate link, assuming it reconfigures their MT to use the new broker’s server, is it possible for the user to then switch back to other brokers? Ie are all alternative servers still displayed and accessible?
  • After the user has installed/updated MT with the broker specific version, my app will then deep link to MT, so that every time the user taps trade in my app, MT would be loaded on-screen. Is it possible to deep link in such a way that the app will only load the broker specific version of MT?
  • www.mql5.com
Modern traders are actively using mobile applications and web versions of trading platforms. Using our mobile and web solutions for the MetaTrader 4/5 platforms, you can attract new traders on a regular basis by creating an affiliate network. Lead generation through MetaTrader Web Platforms The MetaTrader 4/5 web platforms can be easily...

geurillatrader:

So regarding the MT Mobile native app integration mentioned at the bottom of the article: https://www.mql5.com/en/welcome/en-build-affiliate-program-and-attract-new-traders

• You mention both MT4 and 5 here: ‘your affiliates can distribute links to download your MetaTrader 4/5 mobile application’

But then go on to specify MT5: ‘The MetaTrader 5 mobile apps that are downloaded by using these links will be automatically bound to your trade servers.’

Is this MT5 only or does it work with both?

• Once the user has installed MT via the broker specific affiliate link, what happens if MT is already installed and set up with another broker? Would they be prompted to Update, and thier existing server configuration would be overwritten? Or does it install a separate version of MT?
  • Once the user has installed MT via the broker specific affiliate link, assuming it reconfigures their MT to use the new broker’s server, is it possible for the user to then switch back to other brokers? Ie are all alternative servers still displayed and accessible?
  • After the user has installed/updated MT with the broker specific version, my app will then deep link to MT, so that every time the user taps trade in my app, MT would be loaded on-screen. Is it possible to deep link in such a way that the app will only load the broker specific version of MT?
Any thoughts on this? I'm possibly missing something here, but as far as i can make out, if the phone already has MT mobile installed, the user just gets redirected to Itunes, where the only option is to Open the app, which just loads it, without making any changes.
Reason: