input variables and comments

Hi you all,

There's any way to define the display text for an input variable other than a comment after the variable definition?

Thanks. 

Henrique Vilela:

Hi you all,

There's any way to define the display text for an input variable other than a comment after the variable definition?

Thanks. 

I think no

Henrique Vilela:

Hi you all,

Thanks. 

What is the problem ?

Henrique Vilela:

Hi you all,

Thanks. 

Yes a string.

static input string settings = "<<settings>>";

If you want your comments to not interfere with user interface, try the following syntax:

input int variable = 0 /* my comment */;

The decision to use standard comments (not special syntax comments, such as used in Java doc for example) in code to alter user interface is really bad decision from MQ.

Didn't think of that variation.
input int variable = 0 /* my comment */;
This works also
input int variable = 0;;// my comment
To make a blank line in the inputs use //<space><nbsp>
input string seperator_NU1=""; //  

Stanislav Korotky: 

The decision to use standard comments (not special syntax comments, such as used in Java doc for example) in code to alter user interface is really bad decision from MQ.

I couldn't agree more, but in my (very) special case special syntax comments couldn't solve my problem neither. In my (very, very) special case I can't use comments at all.

Thank you all, but I don't want to hide the display text or ignore the comment neither.

I would like to know if there's any another way to define the display text, other than comment after the input line.

I strong believe the answer is "no", but I had to ask anyway.

Henrique Vilela:

I couldn't agree more, but in my (very) special case special syntax comments couldn't solve my problem neither. In my (very, very) special case I can't use comments at all.

Thank you all, but I don't want to hide the display text or ignore the comment neither.

I would like to know if there's any another way to define the display text, other than comment after the input line.

I strong believe the answer is "no", but I had to ask anyway.

Why would we share our knowledge when you don't even want to say why you need it ?

The answer is maybe, it depends.

Alain Verleyen:
Why would we share our knowledge when you don't even want to say why you need it ?

The answer is maybe, it depends.

Sorry, I don't want to hide anything, i just think it's irrelevant. But here it goes:

I'm using an external C interpreter tool to analise and process some code.

The problem with this tool is that it ignores all comments, so to use the input label within this tool it has to be in a different way.

Dear all,

I would like to implement a terminal language specific input variable description.

Is there any way to do it?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Laszlo

asilaci:

Dear all,

I would like to implement a terminal language specific input variable description.

Is there any way to do it?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Laszlo

You can not (input variables descriptions are compile time saved)

You can only adjust the output for runtime output (like Comment(), Print(), and similar ...).

You can use TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_LANGUAGE) to get the language

Reason: